X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transitioning to National Guard

I currently havd an ETS of 10/06/2014, but I would like to transition to the National Guard and possibly in an AGR slot. With the reduction of active duty can I do this prior to my ETS?

Re: Transitioning to National Guard

AGR is a good 'ol boy system... normally. There are a ton of Guard soldiers who are competing for the slots and just coming off from AD, the odds of you getting an AGR slot out the gate are about a "100^10 to one" unless you have some mad fricken skills that no one else in the force has...

Go talk to an NG Recruiter about the process. Also, when you out process, they'll have you meet with the recruiters anyhow. Honestly though, it'd probably be easier on you to go Reserves b/c going from the NG back to AD at a later date could prove very problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by jmclaughlin1701 View Post
      AGR is a good 'ol boy system... normally.
      Someone finally said it..........

Comment

A duck is a duck is a duck....

Comment

You are welcome to apply, although these things usually never work out with perfect timing. You should get a civilian job, transition to the part-time force, and make application for AGR at some point in the future if you still want it. Don't let the grumpings of a few strangers dissuade you.

Comment

Originally posted by djlnorthwind View Post
            I currently havd an ETS of 10/06/2014, but I would like to transition to the National Guard and possibly in an AGR slot. With the reduction of active duty can I do this prior to my ETS?
            I am regular Army and you can start inquiring when you begin ACAP in October. Also, a friend of mine was able to go AD to AGR (Army Reserves) by applying on the HRC website. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
            X