X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tattoo policy changes

I am currently in the active army. I'm an infantryman. 11b. Well, I am etsing soon to the national guard (i am in the active first program). I am not sure if you can help me with this question but it is worth a shot.. I have several tattoos. Arms, hands, legs, etc.. And I hear the army is changing the tattoo policy. Say the army bars me from re enlisting in the active army because of my tattoos, will that effect me going back to the guard? Or would the national guard just kick me out once I get to my unit? Any info would be amazing.

Re: Tattoo policy changes

Originally posted by Bayonet View Post
    I am currently in the active army. I'm an infantryman. 11b. Well, I am etsing soon to the national guard (i am in the active first program). I am not sure if you can help me with this question but it is worth a shot.. I have several tattoos. Arms, hands, legs, etc.. And I hear the army is changing the tattoo policy. Say the army bars me from re enlisting in the active army because of my tattoos, will that effect me going back to the guard? Or would the national guard just kick me out once I get to my unit? Any info would be amazing.
    Depends on your recruiter or your state. I've seen guys covered all the way down to their hands get in. And I've talked to guys that were similarly covered but couldn't get in.

Comment

He just got banned....he has a potty mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
        That was funny. 11B's seem to always have that problem.

Comment

This is true vice! And i haven't even been to osut yet!

Comment

Originally posted by BP11b View Post
            This is true vice! And i haven't even been to osut yet!
            It's the fault of the Drill Sergeants.

When every #!@#&%@ word that comes out of a Drill Sergeant's mouth is a *@#&@*# !#%*&@# off color word, you don't have any @!$*&#$ choice but to sound like a #$*&^@#$ sailor on shore leave by the end of white phase.

I was an 11B for a brief moment.

Comment

Tattoos are only a NOGO if they are offensive (gangs/KKK/naked ladies/ect) Any tattoo below the wrists or above the jacket must be signed off on paper by the gaining units chain of command. NO WORRIES. Google ( USAREC Form 1241 )

Comment

A real winner. 3 posts and dunzo.

Comment

LOL. All I said was that the tattoo policy was the same as the National Guards....Didn't think that would hit a sore spot. lol Oh well.

Comment

If you decide to read this, Bayonet, then listen up.

You're an AD soldier who should know how to get regulations. Regulations also cover AR and ARNG (it will say so in the paragraphs). Sometimes it's different and sometimes it's the same.

The answer you received by RyCass was sufficient. By that time, you should have "soldiered" up and looked up the policy.

This also goes for anyone. If you don't receive the answer you want, ask again politely and in a different way or use your resources. You can google 99% of the AR and DA-PAMs.

Comment

Originally posted by RyCass View Post
                      LOL. All I said was that the tattoo policy was the same as the National Guards....Didn't think that would hit a sore spot. lol Oh well.
                      He is experiencing Pre-Traumatic Stress Disorder from not being able to get the tattoo he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by VICEROY06 View Post
                        It's the fault of the Drill Sergeants.
                        Only they can't do that anymore, and it's hard for most of them to sing cadences nowadays because they can't remember any that aren't vulgar or don't have swear words in them! It's a different BCT environment these days, for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by eqmcclure View Post
                          Only they can't do that anymore, and it's hard for most of them to sing cadences nowadays because they can't remember any that aren't vulgar or don't have swear words in them! It's a different BCT environment these days, for sure.
                          Let em' fly, let em' fly!

Let the flyboys fly!

From the east to the west!

U.S. Army you're the best!

Comment

Working...
                          X