Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Joining the guard after a medical discharge from active duty army Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joining the guard after a medical discharge from active duty army

I just left active duty army on a 5/17 re code 3 for depression and anxiety. The issue was, I didn't like my MOS, I was homesick, and have to admit I was immature, so I made it seem like I was in the hole. I would like to take the time out I got out to the time if I have a chance of getting a waiver to get accepted to get back in. There's nothing wrong with me I know that deep down, I need to work on being mature. I'm 23 and did two years in the service! What are my chances of going army national guard in my case? I want to redeem myself, use my gi bill and hope there's an opportunity to become an officer and stick with it! The pay, the friends, and the adventure was good and I messed up and miss it!

Re: Joining the guard after a medical discharge from active duty army

Originally posted by Machfive View Post
    I just left active duty army on a 5/17 re code 3 for depression and anxiety. The issue was, I didn't like my MOS, I was homesick, and have to admit I was immature, so I made it seem like I was in the hole. I would like to take the time out I got out to the time if I have a chance of getting a waiver to get accepted to get back in. There's nothing wrong with me I know that deep down, I need to work on being mature. I'm 23 and did two years in the service! What are my chances of going army national guard in my case? I want to redeem myself, use my gi bill and hope there's an opportunity to become an officer and stick with it! The pay, the friends, and the adventure was good and I messed up and miss it!
    I doubt that the ARNG is accepting waivers for that reason.

Comment

I agree with the LT. You cried wolf and that code and reason will be a major barrier to re-enter service. Mental issues are nothing to fool with.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
        I doubt that the ARNG is accepting waivers for that reason.
        That is correct. Waivers for mental issues, specifically related to depression, are currently under suspension.

Comment

Working...
        X