X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reenlisting to national gaurd

Im currently active duty army 19d and im in my window for reenlistment and was wondering what my options are. im currently deployed and the retention nco doesnt really seem to know that much. how hard or is it possiable to reenlist to be active duty national gaurd if so whats the process and how do i find out what mos are available in washington state? any info you be great.

Re: Reenlisting to national gaurd

Because it does not work that way. You can appy for an AGR slot through the HRC website. But you do not re-enlist from AD to AGR. You can talk to an NG recruiter in your state and when it is time to ETS, transfer to the NG and then while in the NG for a few years; apply for an AGR but 19D is not a full-time AGR slot. AGR slots are usually for 42A and 25 Bang Bang types.

Happy Holidays. I know how it is to spend the Holidays deployed. Stay safe and be well.

Comment

Just a note. When I was deployed, everyone was trying to get AGR gigs while we were still overseas. And that certain inner circle of NCOs nabbed them all soon after we got back. Being 19D, your best bet might be ADOS jobs. Funeral honors is a common one that is non MOS specific.

Comment

I just talked to a comrade who went from AD 92A to AGR 92Y and is now based in Rochester, NY. He applied for AGR on the HRC website and it was near his AD ETS. He got selected. He said you have to be near your ETS to have any chance of getting selected.

I forgot to add he was not a promotable E5 and he was able to get his E6 when he switched.
        Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; December 25th, 2012, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
          I just talked to a comrade who went from AD 92A to AGR 92Y and is now based in Rochester, NY. He applied for AGR on the HRC website and it was near his AD ETS. He got selected. He said you have to be near your ETS to have any chance of getting selected.

I forgot to add he was not a promotable E5 and he was able to get his E6 when he switched.
          If that is true that is not even close to the norm.

Comment

Originally posted by AIRBORNE View Post
            If that is true that is not even close to the norm.
            Well, I guess he got lucky. I was with him in Germany from 08-11. That is what he told me. I have put in an AGR app many times on that website and never got the call. My contract is up in 2015 so from his remarks, I was thinking that is why I never got the call. And since I am a Signal Warrant, there is always a need for that in the AGR. OP, should at least attempt to apply on the website and see what happens. AD if eligible, is allowed to submit one application online per fiscal year.

Comment

Working...
            X