Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Navy To ANG Pilot Transfer

Evening all,

Just a quick question, wanted to see what the community has to say before I take any action. I'm currently a MH-60S driver in the Navy. My contract is coming up in a little bit, and I'm starting to consider my options. If I get out, it will be as a very junior O-4. One option I am particularly fond of is heading home and joining the Air National Guard unit that's minutes away from where I grew up. The only issue is that this particular unit is a jet unit. I have zero issues making a platform swap, assuming the Guard is willing to pay to train me. Therein lies the question, anyone have any idea the odds of the Guard picking me up for the transition? I could care less about losing some rank or any of that, my main interest is getting to continue serving, but a bit closer to home. Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: Active Navy To ANG Pilot Transfer

This is an Army National Guard forum so I am not sure if anyone on here will be able to help you specifically about the Air National Guard.
    Where are you going to be living?

Comment

Re: Active Navy To ANG Pilot Transfer

Originally posted by robinpugs06 View Post
      This is an Army National Guard forum so I am not sure if anyone on here will be able to help you specifically about the Air National Guard.
      Where are you going to be living?
      Yep. ANG is Air National Guard and ARNG is Army National Guard. Sounds like an Air Guard recruiter is your best resource on this.

Comment

Working...
      X