X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• too old to re-enlist?

I will be 49 years old this year. I was enlisted in a field artillery unit from '82-'87. I am short a few points and would like to re-enlist....am I too old? Would I need to go to basic training? Would I have the same MOS? Who do I contact? Please help...

Re: too old to re-enlist?

I count 5 years that will reduce you to 44 years of age which is too old to re-enter the Army or Guard.

Comment

Just curious, how do you figure that you are only "a few points short" if you only have 5 years of service?

Comment

Now that was back during real "Old School" Army days. Unfortunately, you're SOL.

Comment

If you miss the military and wish to help others. 21 state have a state guard/sdf they are volunteers helping the people of these states. Most states for prior service they do not have to go to basic training. Age limits are 17-65.
          Prior service members help train the non-priors in military customs. In texas we have a great relationship with the national guard at the armory i am at. We are the third branch of the texas military forces.

Comment

Just so everyone is aware, the PS age requirements have recently changed to state that as long as you are able to retire by 60 years of age, you are eligible. Talk with your recruiter to get more guidance.

Comment

Working...
            X