X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active 15E to Guard 12M

I am currently an active duty SGT serving as a 15E but would like to join the guard as a 12M. The in/out roster shows no outs for 15E and no ins for 12M at my level, I'm unsure if the applies to soldiers switching from active to guard. So basically my questions are: can I change my MOS from 15E to 12M during a transition to the guard, even with 15E being short, and can I retain my rank? I understand that few states hold 12M positions so I was intrested in the Connecticut though I would rather be in Maryland/Virginia.

Re: Active 15E to Guard 12M

Ultimately, this is a question best answered by a local recruiter as it will depend greatly on what slots are available and for what rank. The act of changing your MOS is not impossible, but will require coordinating with the correct unit. Again, the needs of the state will play a role. Lastly, it's not uncommon for AD transfers to lose their rank when they switch over; particularly with E5's. It sounds like you're a bit flexible on location, so hopefully you'll find a situation that meets your needs.

Maybe someone from these particular states can chime in with some personal experience. Good luck!

EDIT: 12M is a very difficult MOS to re-class to since the slots are few and far between, not to mention there aren't many units out there to begin with. Realistically, I would have a back up MOS you'd like to re-class in or find a 15E slot you'd be happy with.
    Last edited by RyCass; October 21st, 2012, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X