X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjustment Disorder Waiver

Hi, my name is Chris, I'm 23 and was in the process of joining the Guard in Washington State when I had to go see the psychiatrist because of a few traffic violations I had when I was 18. She diagnosed me with Adjustment Disorder (which I've never been diagnosed with before) and now I'm looking at trying to get a waiver. After readin about the symptoms of Adjustment Disorder, I can honestly say that I don't have it. I think she based it on the fact that I was adopted and moved frm my adopted family in CA to WA, then my real mom moved to FL so I went with, didn't like it and couldn't find a legit job, so I moved back to WA. I know I have to see a psychologist and get a note, but does anyone know if its difficult to get a waiver passed for Adjustment Disorder? Also, how many times am I allowed to send up a waiver? I was told as many times as I'd like, but I'd rather have thorough information. My plan is to keep getting more and more psycologists and psychiatrists to say I'm ok to serve if the first one fails and I can submit as many as I want. However, if its a one shot deal, then I'll be looking at going to 3 psycologists and 3 psychiatrists before I join. I realise this is expensive, but I'm willing to do anything to serve my country. Any input would be more than helpful, thank you.

Re: Adjustment Disorder Waiver

Why would you need to see a psychiatrist for 5 year old traffic violatons?

Comment

They made me see the Army Psychiatrist because of those traffic tickets. She then proceded to tell the DoD that I had adjustment disorder. I need to see civillian psychiatrists/psycologists to try to debunk her claim basically. My recruiter already had a guy try to send a waiver up with one psychiatrist saying he was mentally fit to serve. The Army basically said they didn't care and didn't accept the waiver. If I can send as many waivers as I want, then I'll keep sending them up until they let me in. If its a one time deal, I'll get as many psychiatrist/psycologists to say I'm fit to seve as I can and then send that waiver up. You now what they say, "Go big or go home".

Comment

Originally posted by chrispy223 View Post
        They made me see the Army Psychiatrist because of those traffic tickets.
        No, no they didn't.

Comment

Thats what they told me. I had more than 3 traffic violations, which is why I had to see the psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by chrispy223 View Post
            Hi, my name is Chris, I'm 23 and was in the process of joining the Guard in Washington State when I had to go see the psychiatrist because of a few traffic violations I had when I was 18. She diagnosed me with Adjustment Disorder (which I've never been diagnosed with before) and now I'm looking at trying to get a waiver. After readin about the symptoms of Adjustment Disorder, I can honestly say that I don't have it. I think she based it on the fact that I was adopted and moved frm my adopted family in CA to WA, then my real mom moved to FL so I went with, didn't like it and couldn't find a legit job, so I moved back to WA. I know I have to see a psychologist and get a note, but does anyone know if its difficult to get a waiver passed for Adjustment Disorder? Also, how many times am I allowed to send up a waiver? I was told as many times as I'd like, but I'd rather have thorough information. My plan is to keep getting more and more psycologists and psychiatrists to say I'm ok to serve if the first one fails and I can submit as many as I want. However, if its a one shot deal, then I'll be looking at going to 3 psycologists and 3 psychiatrists before I join. I realise this is expensive, but I'm willing to do anything to serve my country. Any input would be more than helpful, thank you.
            I found this in the DoDi 6130.03 Medical Standards:

"h. History of a single adjustment disorder (309) within the previous 3 months, or recurrent
            episodes of adjustment disorders [is a disqualification]."

Once you get the documents you need from your psychiatrist, a recruiter will be able to help you get the waiver process started, if there is one available in your state.
            Last edited by B.Wood; August 17th, 2012, 02:02 PM. Reason: minor word fix

Comment

I too have NEVER heard of a non prior service applicant being seen by an Army medical or Mental health provider of any kind. The traffic violations don't make sense either. What are we missing here?

Comment

[QUOTE=Mongoose772;164645]I too have NEVER heard of a non prior service applicant being seen by an Army medical or Mental health provider of any kind. The traffic violations don't make sense either. What are we missing here?[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. You are leaving something out of your story. My guess is there was some road rage of some kind involved.

Comment

Adjustment disorder waivers are eligible in certain states? An if my adjustment disorder occurred 2 yrs almost ago after my physical would it still be a dq or could i enlist the same day as my physical?

Comment

Originally posted by Focused11 View Post
                    Adjustment disorder waivers are eligible in certain states? An if my adjustment disorder occurred 2 yrs almost ago after my physical would it still be a dq or could i enlist the same day as my physical?
                    Based on the passage I previously quoted from the Medical Standards, I interpret this as a general possibility once you've passed the 3 months (with only 1 episode, that is). Keep in mind, however, that the enlistment environment is currently pretty strict. As such, I recommend clarifying with a recruiter on any changes/updates to this regulation.

Comment

So an adjustment disorder waiver is eligible to obtain as of today?

Comment

So an adjustment disorder waiver is eligible to obtain as of today?
                        Again, you'll need to talk to a recruiter.

Comment

Ok thank you one more questions i find it strange that some recruiters in some states say a adjustment disorder waiver is a no go but in other states recruiters say yes they are a go an they be glad to help? Is it cause they dont want to be bothered ?

Comment

Ok thank you one more questions i find it strange that some recruiters in some states say a adjustment disorder waiver is a no go but in other states recruiters say yes they are a go an they be glad to help? Is it cause they dont want to be bothered ?
                            It really comes down to the mission of each state. That's why it is so hard to give a definitive answer on something like this. If there were an out and out suspension, then I could give you more guidance. But I'm not aware of any.

Comment

Thank you, so im good to keep fighting for a waiver? Which my TNARNG recruiter sent off to physical.

Comment

Working...
                              X