Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Prior service with RE1 code having a hard time getting a recruiter to help me reenlist Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prior service with RE1 code having a hard time getting a recruiter to help me reenlist

Maybe someone can lead me in the right direction please?

I popped hot for marijuana on a piss test in 2004. I was honorably discharged from the CT Army National Guard with a RE-1 code. I've reached out to three different active duty Army recruiters and told them my story. My problem is once I have told them about coming up hot on my test their attitude completely changes and they all say "send me a email with your DD214, NGB22, your story, why you want back in and I'll get back to you" Are they avoiding me like the plague for a reason? Out of all the research I have done and my RE code on NGB22 I should not be barred from reenlistment correct? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Prior service with RE1 code having a hard time getting a recruiter to help me reenlist

Wow, you got off good. On active, we discharged some soldiers with an General under Honorable with a less favorable RE-Code. If you were a Marine; God help you

What does your narrative say on the discharge certificate? Your title thread was misleading until you elaborated in your post.

Comment

Re: Prior service with RE1 code having a hard time getting a recruiter to help me reenlist

IAW AR 601-210 Chapter 4-23 you have a NONWAIVABLE disqualifying separation. Reference line o. "o. Person with PS last discharged from any component of the Armed Forces for drug or alcohol abuse or as rehabilitation failure during last period of Service."

A positive drug screen, as an illicit substance, is considered for purposes of this regulation as "drug abuse".

I agree with Slicker, I'm not sure how you managed to be coded as a RE-1, but it doesn't really matter. The past conduct disqualifies you. The Recruiters are avoiding you, because you are not enlistable. I'm sorry that actions have consequence, but for you, this is unfortunately one of them.

Comment

This is truly heartbreaking for me. I made a stupid mistake as 22 year old. I'm 30 now and eager to get back in! Any advice or loop holes that could help me get in? Can someone of superior rank or local state rep, congressman work? @fmcityslicker I will look at my NGB22 and see what it says. I don't want to put myself on the soap box but I was a high speed solider. I made E4 in less then 3 yearsand I have recieved a ARCAM, along with a emergency service ribbon. I always maxed PT and my company commander enjoyed having me around. Maybe that's how I got the Honorable and RE-1. Thanks for your feedback gentlemen. Let me know about my other questions when you have a minute please.

Comment

Originally posted by WBSFOD View Post
          This is truly heartbreaking for me. I made a stupid mistake as 22 year old. I'm 30 now and eager to get back in! Any advice or loop holes that could help me get in? Can someone of superior rank or local state rep, congressman work? @fmcityslicker I will look at my NGB22 and see what it says. I don't want to put myself on the soap box but I was a high speed solider. I made E4 in less then 3 yearsand I have recieved a ARCAM, along with a emergency service ribbon. I always maxed PT and my company commander enjoyed having me around. Maybe that's how I got the Honorable and RE-1. Thanks for your feedback gentlemen. Let me know about my other questions when you have a minute please.
          Just to clarify, E-4 is automatic, and generally given around two years of service regardless of how high speed you were.

You're best course of action right now is to stay connected with a recruiter so that you can be notified of any chances to the re-enlistment policy. Things like this can change overnight.

Comment

Would this be held against me if I wanted to enlist into the air force?

Comment

Would this be held against me if I wanted to enlist into the air force?
              The Active Air Force usually accepts less then zero people for prior service applicants. For the reserve and Air Guard, I can't see how it wouldn't affect you, but we are not the experts in that area.

You've posted multiple times since cityslick asked for your narrative reason. Without that, any advice given in here has the accuracy of me throwing a dart blindfolded.

Are you sure you were seperated for a drug offense? Find your narrative, no reason to ask any more questions without it.

And....highspeed Soldiers don't smoke dope, just a fact of life.

Comment

Where would this narrative be located on NGB22?

Comment

On the front page!!! Reason for discharge!

Comment

On the bottom. block 23.

Comment

NGR 600-200 PARA 8-28e(2)(b), acts or patterns of misconduct

Comment

Interesting. Did you email the copy of it to the recruiter with the story? See what happens.

Comment

Yes I did. But he was transitioning from one office to the other and said he would hand my info of to another recruiter. So what does all that info I provided you from block 23 mean to me now?

Comment

regardless of what your RE code is, you'll still have to answer the question of "have you ever done illegal drugs" when you attempt to join again. In addition, did you have a security clearance when you were in before? If so, there is always that question on the application "have you ever used illegal drugs while possessing a security clearance".

There are more hurdles to joining then just your RE code.

Comment

The probability of you getting back in during these times with any misconduct related separation is exactly 0.

Comment

Working...
                              X