Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Former Marine Band member looking to go into National Guard Band Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Marine Band member looking to go into National Guard Band

Hello,

I served 4 years (2003 - 2007) in the Marine Band in Twentynine Palms, CA as a flautist. I graduated with my BA from University of the Pacific this summer in Music Management and currently manage a couple of commercial recording artists.

I am interested in joining the army national guard band as a flautist, and I'm curious if anyone here can shed light on the guard bands or maybe have a personal reference already in the band. Not super interested in talking to a recruiter yet, I'll call a local band and sit in first to see how I like it.

I'm interested in knowing if there is an officer program and if there is anything special I should know about. I'm especially interested to know how most people handle their day job, I'm lucky that I work mostly from home but I have been wondering how that works.

Thanks, any help is appreciated!

Re: Former Marine Band member looking to go into National Guard Band

Not all States have bands. What is your State of residence?

The band leaders are warrant officers, and they come from the ranks of the enlisted band members. It's a small career field (which you already know), so it will take some personal sacrifice. If you love the music, then the sacrifices are worth it to you.

Comment

Working...
    X