X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE3 Waivers still being granted?

I have an Uncharacterized, Entry Level Separation with an RE3 Code for Personality Disorder. I met with the NCOIC in my area who after sending off to the NGB some preliminary information was informed I may be waiverable. I am gathering recommendation letters from 2 Licensed Mental Health Counselors, 1 Clinical Psychologist, 1 Psychiatrist and the Pastor of my church. I have had some difficulty getting my medical records to complete my waiver packet. This has led to a delay in submitting my packet after meeting with the recruiter. After looking around the Forums for a while I am confused. Are RE3 waivers for persons such as myself still being granted? If not any idea when they might begin granting them again? Thank You All.

Re: RE3 Waivers still being granted?

Probably not. I have a RE1 code, have had mild PTSD and was cleared by TWO doctors, both VA and Private for service and I was denied entry to the NG. Mind you, I was not medboarded out, I was honorably discharged. I was diagnosed with mild PTSD immediately after seeing the VA because I had trouble sleeping. I've had no history of violence, drinking problems or any other type of abnormal personality traits. I just didn't sleep much.

The NG recruiter simply told me my request was denied and nothing could be done. No mention of appeals or anything, so I did some independant research, talked to some old buddies still in the service, and got some answers. From what I've been told, it all boils down to this draw down of the armed forces. They are looking to cut 48% of personnel, and making it **** near impossible for new entry. From my friends' opinions, the are doing this all sdrawkcabssa too. One of my friends, an E7 with a spotless record and FOUR combat deployments is out now due to the fact they don't like his tattoos. My old Captain is getting pushed out now because he was medically dropped from SF selection. Any reason they can find they are dropping people.

They are dropping the guys with the most time and experience because they draw the biggest paychecks and its all about saving $$$. Read the thread titled "The Real Deal on Waivers", also. If it weren't enough that good men are getting cut, recruiters have no incentive to pick you up. It's alot more work for them to get you in than say, some 18 year that thinks 11B is like playing Black Ops. That's not the recruiter's fault, mind you, it's just their job is hard enough.

So yeah, i might catch some BS for posting all of this, but it's the harsh truth. The Army dosen't want squared away Joes, they want cheap contracts to fill slots. Am I bitter, yes. But then again, so are countless vets who served on AD and still want to serve their country.

Comment

Originally posted by 82ndnstuff View Post
      Probably not. I have a RE1 code, have had mild PTSD and was cleared by TWO doctors, both VA and Private for service and I was denied entry to the NG. Mind you, I was not medboarded out, I was honorably discharged. I was diagnosed with mild PTSD immediately after seeing the VA because I had trouble sleeping. I've had no history of violence, drinking problems or any other type of abnormal personality traits. I just didn't sleep much.

The NG recruiter simply told me my request was denied and nothing could be done. No mention of appeals or anything, so I did some independant research, talked to some old buddies still in the service, and got some answers. From what I've been told, it all boils down to this draw down of the armed forces. They are looking to cut 48% of personnel, and making it **** near impossible for new entry. From my friends' opinions, the are doing this all sdrawkcabssa too. One of my friends, an E7 with a spotless record and FOUR combat deployments is out now due to the fact they don't like his tattoos. My old Captain is getting pushed out now because he was medically dropped from SF selection. Any reason they can find they are dropping people.

They are dropping the guys with the most time and experience because they draw the biggest paychecks and its all about saving $$$. Read the thread titled "The Real Deal on Waivers", also. If it weren't enough that good men are getting cut, recruiters have no incentive to pick you up. It's alot more work for them to get you in than say, some 18 year that thinks 11B is like playing Black Ops. That's not the recruiter's fault, mind you, it's just their job is hard enough.

So yeah, i might catch some BS for posting all of this, but it's the harsh truth. The Army dosen't want squared away Joes, they want cheap contracts to fill slots. Am I bitter, yes. But then again, so are countless vets who served on AD and still want to serve their country.
      Have you thought about Australia?

Comment

No, I have too much going on here in The States. If I wasn't tied down I would have gone IDF or FFL. Right now I'm currently looking at FED LEO paramilitary.
        Also of note, The Navy was dead set on giving me a SEAL contract, but I opted against AD and thus decided on The Guard.

Comment

Thank You. I wonder if I should wait before submitting my packet. Maybe until the drawdown is complete or another buildup begins. I only have 2 more years of eligibility because of age at this point. Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by jj32207 View Post
            Thank You. I wonder if I should wait before submitting my packet. Maybe until the drawdown is complete or another buildup begins. I only have 2 more years of eligibility because of age at this point. Any thoughts?
            Well since you only have 2 years left might as well try now. Who would have thought 35 was considered old!? Here I thought we were making progress.

Comment

I have an Uncharacterized, Entry Level Separation with an RE3 Code for Personality Disorder. I met with the NCOIC in my area who after sending off to the NGB some preliminary information was informed I may be waiverable. I am gathering recommendation letters from 2 Licensed Mental Health Counselors, 1 Clinical Psychologist, 1 Psychiatrist and the Pastor of my church. I have had some difficulty getting my medical records to complete my waiver packet. This has led to a delay in submitting my packet after meeting with the recruiter. After looking around the Forums for a while I am confused. Are RE3 waivers for persons such as myself still being granted? If not any idea when they might begin granting them again? Thank You All.
              In general, RE3 separation codes are waiverable, but it ultimately depends on the SD remarks. Also, Personality Disorder is a very broad category. I would need more information to specifically tell you if it's a medical condition that will disqualify you. If you'd like to PM me with more information, I'm perfectly find with that.

As far as when you should try to enlist? There's no better time as the present!

Comment

Thank You for your response. I was assured by the SFC in February that I was waiverable with my code on the DD214. He sent a partial packet to the NGB and they indicated that though uncommon some waivers are granted. To be more specific I thought after reading some other posts that RE3's were not being waived at all period at this time. That the regulations concerning RE3's had changed sometime recently. I know the next question is why not just ask the recruiter? To be honest I know they are busy and I'm far, far down their priority list. Also I just received the medical records (psychiatric) that I needed to complete the packet.

I would ship immediately if it was up to me. Just wondering if using my one shot now during the force reduction is wise. I'm no expert but I think we will fighting another war again soon in the Middle East. Then another buildup will probably happen. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by 82ndnstuff View Post

Soldiers are not getting discharged due to tattoos so I am baffled by that statement. It is something that is being talked about with the new changes but not in effect. I have soldiers in my unit that have more tattoos than a Samoan wrestler.

Depending on the injury, the Captain could be going through a med board but I have known many soldiers that have gotten injured during SFAS and drove on.

Comment

Re-post: RE3 Waiver, Personality Disorder

I have read several posts on the Forums and wanted to confirm what it seems is being said concerning RE3's and waivers for personality disorder.

Am I correct in understanding that no further waivers are eligible at this time for RE3's with personality disorder in the narrative?

Does the state in which I live and would like to enlist make any difference?

Could you please point me towards the appropriate regulation concerning this?

Do you believe this is related to the force reduction or is this likely to be permanent?

Thank You all again for any other information you might have and for your time responding to this post.

Comment

Thank You for your response. I was assured by the SFC in February that I was waiverable with my code on the DD214. He sent a partial packet to the NGB and they indicated that though uncommon some waivers are granted. To be more specific I thought after reading some other posts that RE3's were not being waived at all period at this time. That the regulations concerning RE3's had changed sometime recently. I know the next question is why not just ask the recruiter? To be honest I know they are busy and I'm far, far down their priority list. Also I just received the medical records (psychiatric) that I needed to complete the packet.
                      If you're wondering where I got my information from, check out AR 601-210-3, Table 3-1. The most current addition is August 2011; you can find it online.

Ultimately, if you want to get the most current perspective, you should really speak to a local recruiter. No one is going to take your enlistment as seriously as you will. So if you want it, continue to push for it regardless of the recruiter's assumed work load.

Comment

Yeah and to add onto what RyCass said you have two years left so time is of the essence!

Comment

Re: Re-post: RE3 Waiver, Personality Disorder

I have read several posts on the Forums and wanted to confirm what it seems is being said concerning RE3's and waivers for personality disorder.

Am I correct in understanding that no further waivers are eligible at this time for RE3's with personality disorder in the narrative?

Does the state in which I live and would like to enlist make any difference?

Could you please point me towards the appropriate regulation concerning this?

Do you believe this is related to the force reduction or is this likely to be permanent?

Thank You all again for any other information you might have and for your time responding to this post.
                          I've merged your posts. Please do not duplicate threads. I'll just delete them.

If you're looking for a regulation on medical disqualifications, please refer to DoDI 6130.03, the Medical Standards for Appointment, Enlistment, or Induction in the Military Services. I looked here previously and couldn't find anything that specifically said "Personality Disorder"; which is why I requested more information. However, you can look yourself and see if your situation falls under these guidelines. Ultimately, you'll want to consult a recruiter.
                          Last edited by RyCass; June 20th, 2012, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Understood, thank you I will do so.

Comment

ERycass sir,

As you steady give great advice an some of us learn, i have a question? What does "Appointment, Enlistment, or Induction " in the Military Services mean? Alzo i seen on some disqualifying conditions it states rejection of Appointment, Enlistment, or Induction in the Military Services ? An does " is disqualifying and does not me the standard " mean the samething? Well that was 2 questions i apologize 1 more question! If an adjustment disorder is not disqualifying if it was "1" an only "1" episode an has been 3 months since then . Do i really need a waiver if my adjustment disorder discharge happened 2 years ago? Using latrine frequently from immune system working an getting stronger from lack of exercise an proper diet an training before bmt for the air force.its been going on 5 months since my waiver to physical been sent to ngb.I dont know how many levels its to go through for approval but with it is 2 letters from august an November from the gastro dr stating lack of proper diet an exercise before bmt was the cause and i have a good bill of health im 6'1 180 slim athletic built just to give an idea of my posture. My recruiter said he has 4 waivers thats been out there for a long time an could be that ngb was waiting on that fiscal cliff issue to resolve which they fixed no troop cuts severely no more like what proposed.

Air force Re code 2C
                              Sep code JFY "no longer listed"
                              Narrative reasoning Adjustment Disorder
                              ELS DATE feb 3rd 2011

TNARG WAIVER : going on 5 months for a waiver to physical an take asvab at meps in Knoxville, TN

THANKS RYCASS sir or anyone else.

Comment

Working...
                              X