X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to get back in...

Hello everyone, I'm hoping a few of you can help me in determining my eligibility status of re-entering the ARNG.

I joined the NC ARNG in 1987 and served 8 years until moving to the OH ARNG where I served another 3 years. In 1999 I relocated to Georgia, but was never assigned to a unit and was reassigned to USAR to serve out my remaining 1 year and 8 months. According to my NGB 22 I was discharged "para 8-27w NGR 600-200 DISHCARGE OF AN IST WHO FAILS TO REPORT TO GAINING STATE". Character of service is "UNCHARACTERIZED" and my re-enlistment eligibility is RE-3.

Since career and family were focal points for me the past 12-13 years, I am now in a position to possibly get back into the Guard and complete, hopefully, 20+ years. I understand the maximum age to join is 35, however, with prior service does this limit not increase with the years your served, giving me an age limit of 46? I am 42 now so hopefully that affords me the opportunity to hopefully proceed.

Since my re-enlistment eligibility is RE-3, what type of waiver will I need to obtain to get back in?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Looking to get back in...

Someone can back up my memory on this, but I am pretty sure RE3s are a total NO right now. And another major war is pretty much what would change that.

Comment

Re: Looking to get back in...

Thanks for the quick response.

While I am not hoping such an event occurs, if things were to change where RE3s were allowed. Am I correct in my assumption that my prior service will allow me to still join even at the age of 47 since I had 12 years in?

Just wanting to clear up a few questions.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X