X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need copy of NGB-22, Never put into i-PERMS. trying to re-enlist

So, I was in the California National Guard and am now in the IRR and have been for 1 year already. I am trying to re-enlist into the Army Reserves. I never received a copy of my NGB-22. The only thing in my i-PERMS is my release orders. I talked to a Retention NCO for the Reserves and they sent me to a Career Counselor. The Career Counselor said that I have to get with my unit to get a new copy of my NGB-22 mailed to me or to have them i-PERM it. I called my unit and asked them about it and they said that because I am in the IRR and no longer in their unit that they can't obtain anything for me anymore because they can only access unit level information about soldiers that are still in the unit. Shouldn't I be a part of an IRR unit and have somebody to contact about this to be able to receive a copy of my NGB-22 or is there some other way to obtain this?

Any information would be amazing! If anyone knows any information that might pertain to my situation any help is much appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Re: Need copy of NGB-22, Never put into i-PERMS. trying to re-enlist

The discharge certificate should be cut by personnel at the state area command (was for me and my NGB-22 states that soldier unavailable to sign). I will give them a call and have copies of your LES. Possibly take a trip over there but since that is the state of CA; I know distance may be a factor.

But you should have been educated to receive these documents when you transferred.

Comment

Contact the historical records department at your state headquarters.

Comment

Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
        Contact the historical records department at your state headquarters.
        Thank you both for responding to my post... I just don't know where I need to go to contact either one of those places you both mentioned! Yes you are right though, I should have be informed about a lot of things that my unit never told me about. And yes, going anywhere in California will be a huge issue, lol, my husband is active duty and we are currently in Germany so I am somewhat limited on things I can do. Do you possibly have any info for me on how I might get in contact with any of those places to get a copy of the NGB-22?

Thank you!!!!!!

Comment

How about the National Archives http://www.archives.gov/veterans/

Comment

Originally posted by hgriffard View Post
            Thank you both for responding to my post... I just don't know where I need to go to contact either one of those places you both mentioned! Yes you are right though, I should have be informed about a lot of things that my unit never told me about. And yes, going anywhere in California will be a huge issue, lol, my husband is active duty and we are currently in Germany so I am somewhat limited on things I can do. Do you possibly have any info for me on how I might get in contact with any of those places to get a copy of the NGB-22?

Thank you!!!!!!
            If you called your unit; you can ask them for the number to the State Area Command/Headquarters.

http://www.calguard.ca.gov/army/Pages/default.aspx

Archives is usually for veterans long discharged past their obligation and active duty vets.

BTW, I left Germany last year from the great state of Baden-Wurttemberg and use to see the US Army Reserve recruiters in Heidelberg.
            Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; June 7th, 2012, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
              If you called your unit; you can ask them for the number to the State Area Command/Headquarters.

http://www.calguard.ca.gov/army/Pages/default.aspx

Archives is usually for veterans long discharged past their obligation and active duty vets.
              I got what I needed from them. Trustme you will and can get your NGB-22 form from them.

Comment

Originally posted by o13starsnstripes View Post
                I got what I needed from them. Trustme you will and can get your NGB-22 form from them.
                I am not disputing that because I use to get my records from St. Louis. But it is not like she has been out for years and she is currently in the IRR; still in the system. Her paperwork should still be filed at the State Area Command. Trust me, I was 42A for many years.

Comment

Originally posted by o13starsnstripes View Post
                  BTW, are you serving now in a unit or still waiting?

Comment

BTW, are you serving now in a unit or still waiting?
                    No I am not currently serving in the Military

Comment

I am not disputing that because I use to get my records from St. Louis. But it is not like she has been out for years and she is currently in the IRR; still in the system. Her paperwork should still be filed at the State Area Command. Trust me, I was 42A for many years.
                      No you do make a point, before when I mentioned the National Archives I was just adding that onto what she might check out for her records. Hey if she waits long enough she can check ancestry.com

Comment

Working...
                      X