X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Force RE-2C JFX

So I received an uncharacterized entry level separation from the Air Force back in 2008 with a narrative reason of personality disorder. I really don't have any type of disorder, I just really think they gave me a personality disorder on my DD 214 to cover themselves. Anyhow I voluntarily went to a psychiatrist and they said I was normal and had no personality disorder. My question is if I have any chance of being able to enlist in my state's NG or do I have to try and appeal what the Air Force gave me?

Re: Air Force RE-2C JFX

You need to engage an NG recruiter to see if characterization and re-code is waiverable. Also, when it comes to narrative and characterization of a DD214; those are the hardest things to change. Getting an upgrade is the most common.

Comment

I have the same separation, with the same character of service: Entry Level Separation; Uncharacterized service; JFX; 2C. I couldn't handle my daily duties in basic training simply due to home sickness. Today, I regret getting out. Not completeing military service, as I swore to do, has left emptiness in me. Today, I've lived alone and have completed college. I would love to get back in, but I have been told that I really hurt my chances. It's something I just may have to deal with, but I really would like to get the ELS reviewed, and perhaps get back into the military and complete what I once set out to do.

Comment

Officer, pardon my ignorance, but why a NG recruiter? Thx.
        Last edited by ChanelleNorman; August 25th, 2012, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Let me just tell you what was said to myself a few years ago and that is there is more to happiness and life than just a DD-214 form.

Comment

Originally posted by ChanelleNorman View Post
            Officer, pardon my ignorance, but why a NG recruiter? Thx.
            This is a National Guard forum.

Comment

RE-2C JFX separations are waiverable after 24 months of waiting from the date of separation. However, the narrative reason for separation will play a key role in re-enlisting. Ultimately, a National Guard recruiter will be able to verify a Prior Service applicant based on the criteria established by each state.

Comment

Working...
              X