Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Can I still be promoted past E-4 with an article 15 and a chapter 14? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I still be promoted past E-4 with an article 15 and a chapter 14?

I was in the Army for a year and a half and I was given a field grade article 15 for going awol and I was kicked out with a chapter 14 which is a misconduct (serious offense) chapter. Is it possible to get promoted past E-4 to E-5, E-6, and E-7 with this on my record?

Re: Can I still be promoted past E-4 with an article 15 and a chapter 14?

Originally posted by Olympus View Post
    I was in the Army for a year and a half and I was given a field grade article 15 for going awol and I was kicked out with a chapter 14 which is a misconduct (serious offense) chapter. Is it possible to get promoted past E-4 to E-5, E-6, and E-7 with this on my record?
    How can you be promoted if you were kicked out?

Comment

[QUOTE=Chris36;158890]How can you be promoted if you were kicked out?[/QUOTE

Well If I reinlist of course.

Comment

Promotability isn't going to be your issue. Re-enlisting is. I'd be interested to know what your RE code is.

Comment

Originally posted by Olympus View Post
          Hypothetically, if you were serving back in the Guard, this will not hinder you on moving up the ranks. What you do from there on will count. I received an article 15 over 23 years ago and I am still kicking to this day. There is an expression we say in the military. "In order to move up; you need to f**k up!" Now is that suitable advice to follow? Of course not but there are cases of senior enlisted and officers that had some hiccups early and possibly mid-career and are still moving up the ranks today. Granted, there are infractions that are career killers but in your case, you still have a chance. Good luck.

Comment

I got a few Company Grade Article 15s (our CO was a real hardass). However not a field grade, so I cant really speak on it.

Comment

Working...
            X