X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ribbon/Medals from Navy to Guard

I was told that ribbons/medals such as my Global war on terror and Global war on expeditionary medal, good conduct, national defense can be carried over and can be worn on a Army Uniform, but what about my Sea service deployment ribbon(2), Navy Unit Commendation ribbon? Can they be worn?

Re: Ribbon/Medals from Navy to Guard

Yes, I wear mine. Just remember the order of preference when you start building Army medals to your fruit salad.

Comment

Alright, thanks so much for the response, much appreciated!!! And I will, last thing I need is to get repromanded for being clueless heh

Comment

AR 670-1 Wear and Appearance of Army Uniform and Insignia

Comment

Check this site - I share it with all my prior service Soldiers to keep them straight. AR 670-1 is referenced also.

Your unit awards will be worn over your right breast pocket, not with your full rack on your left breast.

http://ultimaterack.ajandj.com/

Comment

Its a good site but it seems to missing a lot of awards....

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Emu View Post
              Check this site - I share it with all my prior service Soldiers to keep them straight. AR 670-1 is referenced also.

Your unit awards will be worn over your right breast pocket, not with your full rack on your left breast.

http://ultimaterack.ajandj.com/
              Exactly, I made the mistake of putting my Navy/MC unit commendation on my left side; then when I placed it on my right, I put the gold frame around it. Then I removed it and had it in the wrong order lol. Finally, I got it right (for my DA photo). You need to read the regs and stop asking people at times since you get confusing and conflicting answers. Especially when you have people that sit on promotion boards and have it wrong themselves. True story that I can tell about an E-5 promotion board.

Comment

Oh ok, so Unit awards such as NUC's and MUC's and Battle E's ect are worn on the right side and all rest on the left.....even in full dress medals? Because when I was in full navy Dress only non Medal I had on was the Sea Service Ribbon.

Also I ive read that like the National defense ribbon, the Army Service ribbon is awarded after bootcamp or your AIT?

Comment

Sailor, remember the reference is AR 670-1. Your answer is there.

And your ASR question is answered here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_Service_Ribbon

Comment

Originally posted by jmclaughlin1701 View Post
                    Its a good site but it seems to missing a lot of awards....
                    LT - what don't you see on the site?

I'll msg the admin for that page to make it right.

Comment

I used the tool, but am not sure which of my AF medals will transfer over (I know my ARCOM will though thats it). I am reading and not sure if its true: any AF unit awards go over right breast, I have to drop my AF longevitiy ribbon and my marksmanship ribbon... and one service stripe for every 3 yrs of service?? This is very confusing for me
                      Last edited by J2H; October 6th, 2012, 07:47 PM. Reason: add

Comment

You should wear all your ribbons. Check AR 670-1 for details. As the same you did with AFIs.

Comment

I read through it, looks like I keep everything I've earned except AF longevity and Small Arms Expert (and of course my SF shield and occupational badge lol)

Comment

Working...
                          X