X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Force Re-2b JKA waiver

Is there any state that is giving waivers for this code right now? Just wondering what is out there. Here is what happened, 24Jul07 I got an Article 15 for underage drinking on base. On 26Dec09 I got in a bad car accident where my car started on fire with a fellow airman inside. Both of us came out fine, lost my flying status, I got an LoR and got booted 3 months before my re-enlistment.

Job in the Air Force: 1A251 C-17 Loadmaster Journeyman
    Time in Service: 3 years 9 months
    Deployed once in Qatar for 4 months and went in and out of the AOR monthly due to my job.

I'm just wondering what the chances are of me enlisting anywhere are...I still want to serve and I feel I should not have gotten kicked out for what happened. I know that part is in the past but what can I do for the future in the military if there is any. I'm 25
    Last edited by raboin05; May 5th, 2012, 03:13 PM.

Re: Air Force Re-2b JKA waiver

The data you provided isn't specific enough. So far we know you have an Article 15 (non judicial **********), and a "Letter of Reprimand", which is another form of non-judicial **********. You then say, "You were booted out." This is perhaps the detail that needs more information. I can assume if you were involuntarily discharged prior to your ETS it's imperitive to know the TYPE of discharge and/or accompanying re-enlistment (RE) code.
    The likelyhood is you did not recieve a Punative discharge because you were not court marshalled. However, your administrative discharge could still be either in a less than desirable catagory, and/or have a bad RE code. RE 4's for example are essentially non waiverable. An RE 3 retains a possiblity of garnering a re-enlistment waiver, although circumstances will determine how likely that is. RE 1's and 2's are generally eligible for reenlistment on an honorable discharge.

Comment

Why is the forum programming blanking out the word P U N I S H M E N T?

Comment

Originally posted by raboin05
        It's actually pretty clear dude, re-2b means general discharge under honorable conditions. So far all you have told me is stuff I already know. I just want to know if any recruiters can work with this that's all.
        I hadn't noticed your post title had the RE-2B in it. In that case you are likely eligible for re-enlistment, although interestingly only for the Army. A 2B is unwaiverable for re-enlistment in the Airforce for example.
        Last edited by Mongoose772; May 6th, 2012, 05:44 PM.

Comment

It's actually pretty clear dude....
          I am curious as to where you learned your less than respectful tone when addressing an officer.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
            I am curious as to where you learned your less than respectful tone when addressing an officer.
            Prior service air force.

Hint: "dude" is never respectful in the Army. Won't work for NCOs, and it certainly won't work for Officers. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
              and remember to sit at attention when typing to an officer and parade rest for an NCO lol

Comment

Thank you as usual Chris. Raboin, you should retain some ability to re-enlist in the Army with the 2B, although like I said we will likely be the only service that will take you. As for my prior induction experience, I worked for Recruiting and Retention full time from 1990- 1993, the Family Assistance Program Office from 2003-2004, performed as an M-Day unit Retention NCO from 2003 - 2009, the OSM's office most of 2010, and am now starting a Title 10 ADOS tour as a Gold Bar Recruiter until the end of the fiscal year.

Comment

Second lieutenant Sir , Mongoose772 your awesome sir / madam ! I appreciate your thorough informative answers & professionalism with sure respect.It pushes the drive in my intuitions to continue wanting to serve through this rigorous waiver process & I appreciate others that have helped also. Everyone be blessed & safe Hooah !

Re-code 2C air force * in waiver process *

Comment

What part of Afghanistan are you in cityslicker?
                    I am in RC-East near the Pakistan border. I stay at various FOBs due to my mission; mainly Torkham, Wright, and Joyce. Most of my times I am in JBAD.
                    Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; May 7th, 2012, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Wow all over OEF. I would ask you what your job is but I don't want any OPSEC violations on here lol. Stay safe out there!

Comment

Originally posted by raboin05 View Post
                        wow all over oef. i would ask you what your job is but i don't want any opsec violations on here lol. Stay safe out there!
                        i am an american soldier....

Comment

I typed in caps and it all came out in lower case lol

Comment

Originally posted by raboin05 View Post
                            Is there any state that is giving waivers for this code right now? Just wondering what is out there. Here is what happened, 24Jul07 I got an Article 15 for underage drinking on base. On 26Dec09 I got in a bad car accident where my car started on fire with a fellow airman inside. Both of us came out fine, lost my flying status, I got an LoR and got booted 3 months before my re-enlistment.

Job in the Air Force: 1A251 C-17 Loadmaster Journeyman
                            Time in Service: 3 years 9 months
                            Deployed once in Qatar for 4 months and went in and out of the AOR monthly due to my job.

I'm just wondering what the chances are of me enlisting anywhere are...I still want to serve and I feel I should not have gotten kicked out for what happened. I know that part is in the past but what can I do for the future in the military if there is any. I'm 25

Looks like you got some great advice on here! Just so you have a reference, take a look at AR 601-210 Table 3-3 (page 29). A Prior Service applicant from the Air Force with a RE code of 2C will need a waiver to be eligible to enlist. So, you definitely have the opportunity to serve again with an approved waiver. Good luck!

Comment

Raboin05,

If you want to continue to receive advice from the forums, be respectful. Most let the "dude" slide but the OCS Candidate Chris36 didn't, which is respectable. Your response was extremely unwarranted.

If you don't want to take this as a NCO upholding standards, then take it as a Moderator instructing you as a User to follow policy.

Comment

Working...
                              X