X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRR soilder who would like to get activated to deploy

I have been out since September 2010 but I would like to go back to Afghanistan. I am an 11b and would like to get on a embedded training team, secfor for an embedded training team, or just a good missions for an 11b. Does anyone know of either how to join an embedded training team or know of one getting ready to go in the next 12 months or any infantry units going back over in the same time frame???

Re: IRR soilder who would like to get activated to deploy

Was that a typo for soldier because I seen so many soldiers misspell the word soldier and that is a shame. Anyway, have you spoke to a recruiter?

EDIT: I just saw the article of the soldier that was killed from my Division and even the Army Times spells soldier wrong.

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2012/0...nistan-041612/

Carson soldier killed in Afghanistan attack

The Associated Press
    Posted : Monday Apr 16, 2012 21:48:14 EDT

FORT CARSON, Colo. — A Fort Carson soldier has died from wounds he suffered in an improvised explosive device attack in Kunar province, Afghanistan.
    Military officials Monday identified the solider as 32-year-old Staff Sgt. David P. Nowaczyk of Dyer, Ind. He died Sunday.
    Nowaczyk was assigned to Fort Carson’s 2nd Battalion, 12th Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division.
    Additional details were not immediately available
    Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; April 17th, 2012, 03:58 AM.

Comment

It's a common typo and isn't picked up by spell checkers since "solider" is an actual word. Geez.

Comment

The system isn't designed to work the way you want it to. Your best bet is to volunteer from the IRR from Mobcop-TOD.

Comment

I went to the tour of duty website and there did not seem to be any combat tours for infantry. Any thoughts LTC?

Comment

Originally posted by infb11 View Post
            I went to the tour of duty website and there did not seem to be any combat tours for infantry. Any thoughts LTC?
            I'm sorry that you find US military operations not suited to your schedule.

Consider enlisting I the active component for three years. Most likely, one of those three years will find you overseas.

Comment

It is not that it does not suit my schedule sir. There were not any posted related to a combat tour with for the MOS in which the army has trained me in.

Comment

Originally posted by infb11 View Post
                It is not that it does not suit my schedule sir. There were not any posted related to a combat tour with for the MOS in which the army has trained me in.
                Remember, you are in the IRR now and on the lowest totem pole for activation without viable volunteer requirements. Either switch to a drilling unit or AD or keep plugging for an opening that might come up. How much time you have left in the IRR until your obligation is fulfilled and what is your rank?

Remember the reduction is happening; stop-loss is a thing of the past so right now IRR boots is not needed as much as before.
                Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; April 19th, 2012, 04:02 AM.

Comment

I only have maybe 2 years left of the IRR. Reason for not wanting to go to AD is due to the fact that I am finishing up my undergrad. I do not want to commit for 3 years on AD for sure until after I graduate. I would not mind a year off from school but not 3. My rank when I got into the IRR was CPL and was offer my SGT but at the time for personal reason I needed to get out. I have enough credit hours to go through the guard and get my commisson, just can't decided whether I want to take the officer route or not. I would like to have one more deployment under my belt before 1. We get out of Afghan 2. Before I settle down, so now is good time to go. I would not mind getting in a guard unit again and running the rest of my time in the IRR out but my state and the state beside me all have been slated to deploy to Kosovo and its not what I am looking for. Do there any .gov website that tells units that are slated to deploy? If my memory is correct I thought there was something like that on GKO.

Comment

Working...
                  X