X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight Medic: EMT-I or Flight Medic School

Prior Service (currently active) Marine Infantryman looking to transition into a flight medic position within the Maine NG. Could current flight medics/recruiters tell me if EMT-I or going to the Army Flight Medic School would be more desirable? I am only able to do one because of conflicting time schedules.

Re: Flight Medic: EMT-I or Flight Medic School

Originally posted by ajdeployed12 View Post
    Could current flight medics/recruiters tell me if EMT-I or going to the Army Flight Medic School would be more desirable? I am only able to do one because of conflicting time schedules.
    I don't quite understand the question. More desirable to what end? To be given a 68WF20 position within the 126th? You are not currently MOSQ'd as a Marine Rifleman. We are not sending 68Ws to EMT-I school, and the flight medic school at Fort Rucker is optional for those medics in the flight platoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose772 View Post
      I don't quite understand the question. More desirable to what end? To be given a 68WF20 position within the 126th? You are not currently MOSQ'd as a Marine Rifleman. We are not sending 68Ws to EMT-I school, and the flight medic school at Fort Rucker is optional for those medics in the flight platoon.

Sorry, I didn't see this response before. I was asking because I had a possible opportunity to go to Flight Medic School as a Marine or take a civilian EMT-I course. I ended up deciding to take the EMT-I course but I was unprepared for the amount of homework assignments they had (none in EMT-B) and wasn't learning anything so I had to drop. Ironically I had 95% and higher on my assignments but since I was so busy it was just regurgitation with little retention/understanding. Since this post I am now looking at Oregon vice Maine.

Comment

Ah, now I understand. I would have chosen the EMT-I course as well. Good luck in Oregon!

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose772 View Post
          Ah, now I understand. I would have chosen the EMT-I course as well. Good luck in Oregon!
          Thanks, everything is still very fluid....we'll see how things shake out. I am a little worried about being accepted directly into an ambulance unit without 68W time under my belt.

Comment

Working...
          X