X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prior service wanting to join national guard

I've been out of arm since 1994, I'm thinking about joining the national guard. Does anyone know if I would have to attend BT again, and would my MOS be the same, or would I have to pick a new job and attend AIT again?

Re: Prior service wanting to join national guard

1. Prior service personnel entering the Reserve Components (RC) (Army National Guard and U.S. Army Reserve) will go straight to their RC unit regardless of the length of their break in service if they:

Completed Army or Marine Corps basic training, or Completed training for Air Force or Navy Special Operations Forces, or Air Force Security Police.

2. Prior service personnel entering the RC from the Air Force, Navy and Coast Guard will attend BCT regardless of the length of their break in service if they:

Have not completed Army or Marine Corps basic training, or Did not complete training for Air Force or Navy Special Operations Forces, or Air Force Security Police.

Just FYI: Prior Service are eligible for reenlistment if— the applicant 35 years of age or older has prior qualifying service which can then be subtracted from their current age, bringing their enlistment age to less than "35".

Example: PS applicant is 47 years old with 13 years of qualifying service, which brings the applicant to an enlistment age of "34". If the applicant only had 12 years of qualifying service then the enlistment age would be "35" and the applicant would not be qualified.

Comment

Thanks, also I know I would have to go through meps again. Do I have to take asvab again, or do I go straight to unit as same mos as when I was on active duty. Also my age equals 35 and 4-5 months which ***** cause I cant go active. Do you think age limit will change to 42 again and if so when

Comment

I've been out of army since 1994, going to join guard, I understand I have to go to meps again. Does anyone know if I have to take asvab again or would I have same mos as when I was active?

Also do you thing age limit will change to 42 again and if so when?

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboyzzz View Post
          I've been out of army since 1994, going to join guard, I understand I have to go to meps again. Does anyone know if I have to take asvab again or would I have same mos as when I was active?

Also do you thing age limit will change to 42 again and if so when?
          If the age limit ever changes again and you are eligible to reenlist, then yes you would have to take the ASVAB again. It is only good for 10 years after discharge.

Comment

So I will have to take again right now when I join guard?

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboyzzz View Post
              So I will have to take again right now when I join guard?
              Yes sirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Did you see my response at the duplicate thread you created at http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...ce-joing-guard

Comment

What about AIT again???

Comment

If you contract for a job that you are already MOSQ then no. If not already MOSQ; then yes.

Comment

Working...
                  X