X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about discharge papers

I served in the Mass Guard during the 60's and discharged in June of '68. I am now in the process of retiring but need a copy of my discharge papers to do so. Any ideas about how that could happen?

Re: Question about discharge papers

This is a duplicate thread but since this one had a more robust query, I will respond here.

Where are you retiring from? It cannot be the Guard because you would have had this already handled. I doubt St. Louis will have your papers due to the fire that happened in the 70s. But here is a link.

http://invsoa.homestead.com/dd214.html
    Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; January 21st, 2012, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
      This is a duplicate thread but since this one had a more robust query, I will respond here.

Where are you retiring from? It cannot be the Guard because you would have had this already handled. I doubt St. Louis will have your papers due to the fire that happened in the 70s. But here is a link.

http://invsoa.homestead.com/dd214.html

6. National Guard separation papers, NGB-22s, may be obtained through Stout
      Field at Indianapolis.

[FONT='Times New Roman', Times, serif] Indiana's County Veterans' Service
      Officers advise that you not wait until you have an immediate need for your
      DD-214. If you don't have a copy, contact your nearest County Veterans' Service
      Office. Most offices can be found in the telephone book under County Government,
      or you can find the details on your county's office by visiting the web site of
      the Indiana Veterans' Service Officer's Association and click on the County
      Service Officers link at
      [/FONT][FONT='Times New Roman', Times, serif][/FONT][FONT='Times New Roman', Times, serif]http://invsoa.homestead.com[/FONT][FONT='Times New Roman', Times, serif].[/FONT]

The OP says "Mass" guard. Why are we assuming this person was in the Indiana Guard? You do realize that site is for Indiana Veterans.?

Comment

Where does he say anything about Indiana?!

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
          Where does he say anything about Indiana?!

Nowhere mr sarcastic one. I posted from my iPhone and the wrong info got pasted. If you go to that link, it refers NG personnel who to contact. Thanks for letting me know my post error.

Comment

You post incorrect information?...no way.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
              You post incorrect information?...no way.
              Not deliberately . But I am human and do admit errors (or seek out answers from people I know) unlike some who always think they are always right and their responses trump everone's else. You should shoot for some bars then stay in stripes.

Anyway, I am old an my memory is not as sharp but I have longer longetivity and endurance. Plus, I am not getting paidown here to disseminate free knowledge and experience so take it for what it's worth plus real soldiers never sharpshoot other soldiers. We all learn and help one another. That is teamwork.
              Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; January 21st, 2012, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                Not deliberately . But I am human and do admit errors (or seek out answers from people I know) unlike some who always think they are always right and their responses trump everone's else. You should shoot for some bars then stay in stripes.

Anyway, I am old an my memory is not as sharp but I have longer longetivity and endurance. Plus, I am not getting paidown here to disseminate free knowledge and experience so take it for what it's worth plus real soldiers never sharpshoot other soldiers. We all learn and help one another. That is teamwork.
                You must not be referring to me because I don't "think" im right, I always am right. See the difference?

Comment

Working...
                X