X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State (traditional) OCS in New York State

I am interested in traditional OCS in my state (New York). I know the requirements are 60 credits (minimum). I have the 60 credits and i have good recommendations but the only problem is that i dont have a good gpa. In fact, i have a bad gpa. I have no exccuses, just a passion for soldiers and the army. I can bring work ethic, passion and dilligence to the table. I understand there are other candidates that have full bachelors and excellent GPA's but my question is, how competitive is State OCS ? How difficult is it to get in? Do i stand a chance ? Lastly, is a secret clearence needed prior to submitting the OCS packet? Thank you very much for taking the time out to read this. Any information you can provide about State OCS in NY is greatly appreciated.

If you meet the minimum requirements, go see a recruiter. I don't know what NY's additional requirements are if any. You will work on your security clearance as you progress through the class.

Comment

Besides the 60 college credits, you need to meet the standard requirements to enlist in the military (medical, moral, aptitude, etc). If you meet those requirements, the state requires you to submit a resume, written letter (why you want to be an officer) along with college transcripts. You can then expect either a face to face or telephonic interview. If you're accepted as an OCS Candidate then you would move on into the enlistment process.

If you have specific questions, I can put you in touch with our State OSM (Officer Strength Manager) depending on your location. Email me for details: thomas.p.lamb.mil@mail.mil

Comment

Originally posted by NYGuardRecruiter View Post
        Besides the 60 college credits, you need to meet the standard requirements to enlist in the military (medical, moral, aptitude, etc). If you meet those requirements, the state requires you to submit a resume, written letter (why you want to be an officer) along with college transcripts. You can then expect either a face to face or telephonic interview. If you're accepted as an OCS Candidate then you would move on into the enlistment process.

If you have specific questions, I can put you in touch with our State OSM (Officer Strength Manager) depending on your location. Email me for details: thomas.p.lamb.mil@mail.mil

Might want to use something like "thomas.p.lamb.mil (at) mail.mil" instead. Less susceptible to web scrapers which means less chance of being flooded with spam.

Comment

Working...
        X