X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officer to Enlisted GRFD Situation

I've done a lot of research and thinking about this and thought I'd see if anyone can give me any insight on this situation. Currently I'm serving as an O-2 in the National Guard and have 4 years of my GRFD MSO out of the way. I moved ~1000 miles away two years ago and am drilling quarterly sometimes more often depending on the importance of the drill schedule. I've looked at the state I currently live in as well as surrounding states for openings to IST with but it seems as if they are all over strength and not willing to take others on board. My question is; can I resign my commission due to economic hardship and finish the rest of my MSO Enlisted in the state I currently live in? Or do I have to finish the last 4 years as it is? It isn't just about the money, as I dread coming to drill living the staff life...I'd be much happier doing hands on work as an Enlisted Soldier. Anyways thank you for reading, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction!

Yes, you are welcome to complete your obligation in an enlisted status. This is a rare but completely legal condition. Ask your recruiter to get his NCOIC involved, to ensure that they handle this properly.

Comment

Working...
    X