X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AV BOLC

Recently I was selected by my state aviation office (commission in a few months) and am simply waiting for a BOLC date. My unit says I will be flying UH-60s. I was curious as what to expect in BOLC and how I can prepare myself as best as possible? I was also curious as to which flight positions (medivac, CAB, test, etc)tend to get the most hours? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Congratulations on selection. Getting a BOLC date is a different story. I've been here at Rucker for 5 months now and am about 2 weeks into Common Core.

The only thing you should do to prepare yourself for BOLC is make sure you can pass the APFT when you arrive. You'll be surprised at the number of people, regardless of component, that show up and get kicked back a class or two because they can't pass on Day One. There's nothing to sweat in BOLC at all. It's the TH-67 Limits and EPs you need to be concerned with (until the LUH becomes the trainer), but you'll have plenty of time after completion of SERE-C before you start Common Core to work on memorizing those.

PS feel free to contact me/PM/etc. if you have any questions.
    Last edited by eqmcclure; March 26th, 2014, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X