X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transferring units within the same state

So quick question, I am in an infantry unit as an officer but have not yet been to bolc. I can still change branches before I go to bolc so my question is how does a transfer work when it is within the same state. My new commander is a pretty big dick and I have a bad feeling that if I request a transfer to a MP unit that he will deny it thus making things worst for me. How should I go about asking him for a transfer because I really am unhappy at my current unit and have always wanted to go MP. Plus I am in the process of getting onto a Sheriff's department so it would make sense to go MP, to me at least. Thanks for any information.

You can change branches before BOLC but you'd probably need to work with your state's OSM. My last LT switched branches but I'm not sure how much your commander/battalion commander impact this decision.

A few things to keep in mind:

- Your commander will probably be gone or near gone before you come back from BOLC, good for you as you don't get any OERs from him
    - MP is not the same as LE
    - MP branch maybe very small in your state and you're going to hurt your career switching

Comment

I realize it would hurt my career but at the same time I think I would be more happy at a MP unit, I'm just a little worried my commander would deny my request to transfer. I know the commander and the BC have to approve it. Along with the BC of the battalion I would try to get into.

Comment

Working...
      X