Announcement Module
No announcement yet.

transferring units within the same state

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • transferring units within the same state

    So quick question, I am in an infantry unit as an officer but have not yet been to bolc. I can still change branches before I go to bolc so my question is how does a transfer work when it is within the same state. My new commander is a pretty big dick and I have a bad feeling that if I request a transfer to a MP unit that he will deny it thus making things worst for me. How should I go about asking him for a transfer because I really am unhappy at my current unit and have always wanted to go MP. Plus I am in the process of getting onto a Sheriff's department so it would make sense to go MP, to me at least. Thanks for any information.

  • #2
    You can change branches before BOLC but you'd probably need to work with your state's OSM. My last LT switched branches but I'm not sure how much your commander/battalion commander impact this decision.

    A few things to keep in mind:

    - Your commander will probably be gone or near gone before you come back from BOLC, good for you as you don't get any OERs from him
    - MP is not the same as LE
    - MP branch maybe very small in your state and you're going to hurt your career switching


    • #3
      I realize it would hurt my career but at the same time I think I would be more happy at a MP unit, I'm just a little worried my commander would deny my request to transfer. I know the commander and the BC have to approve it. Along with the BC of the battalion I would try to get into.