X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for specifics on BOLC (AG)

I just graduated from OCS. I commission on Oct 5th, and I'm trying to get ready for BOLC. I'm branching AG. I've searched and "googled" and only found a little bit of information. For instance, I know BOLC is 12 weeks at Ft. Jackson. I saw somewhere that we have a 12 mile ruck at some point, but I don't know much else.
    Does anybody have any more information? Like, what are all of the requirements to graduate. I'm new to the military, so the quicker I find out what's required, the quicker I can start researching/studying so that I'm squared away when it matters most.
    Thanks!

Re: Looking for specifics on BOLC (AG)

Check out the Adjutant sub-forum on ArmyOCS.com:

http://armyocs.com/modules.php?name=...viewforum&f=51

You're likely to find some good information there, or can post this question to fill in the gaps.

Comment

Originally posted by EdWelch View Post
      I just graduated from OCS. I commission on Oct 5th, and I'm trying to get ready for BOLC. I'm branching AG. I've searched and "googled" and only found a little bit of information. For instance, I know BOLC is 12 weeks at Ft. Jackson. I saw somewhere that we have a 12 mile ruck at some point, but I don't know much else.
      Does anybody have any more information? Like, what are all of the requirements to graduate. I'm new to the military, so the quicker I find out what's required, the quicker I can start researching/studying so that I'm squared away when it matters most.
      Thanks!
      OMG! 12 mile ruck march is going to be the death of me!

Comment

I think its safe to assume that this is the paramount of a gentlemen's course lol. Do not sweat the ruck and focus more on being a paper pusher lol

Comment

LOL. I'm definitely not concerned. In doing more research, the first 3 weeks are dedicated to basic skills training (I guess this means the FLXs, ruck march, land nav, etc.), and the last 9 weeks are AG Core Competency training. After 8 weeks of accelerated OCS, I think I can handle 3 more weeks of whatever they want to throw at me. ;-)

Comment

OCS was going to be like ranger school in comparison. A couple people i know went through AG BOLC. I think in your field time you're in heated/air conditioned tents. The latest class memo is here: http://www.ags.army.mil/UpdatesJan13...er_%202013.pdf

compared to OCS its going to be cake

Comment

I attended AG BOLC and there is no 12-mile road march. The "field" consisted of qualifying with an M4, land nav and a day doing convoy operations. The course FTX was conducted in tents with heat/ac. Our cadre liked to run so we did plenty of six mile runs for PT. Otherwise, its all classroom where you are done at 1630. Weekends off and three-day federal holidays turn into four-day passes. Plenty of time to enjoy Charleston, Charlotte and Myrtle Beach. Best time to go there is the Sept-Dec cycle -- best weather of the year.

Comment

Working...
              X