X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCS Cancelled

Why would a PCS be cancelled? If the individual (06) was looking forward to a specific PCS, why would command/leadership cancel the PCS?

Re: PCS Cancelled

The needs of the Army and what a soldier is "looking forward to" are two entirely different things. This is the National Guard and not Active Duty, we don't PCS unless you're AGR or the soldier requests a transfer to a different unit. Also if your "friend" is an O-6 they probably have a good idea of why or can use appropriate channels to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero259 View Post
      This is the National Guard and not Active Duty, we don't PCS unless you're AGR or the soldier requests a transfer to a different unit.
      Transferring from one NG unit to another has absolutely nothing to do with PCS, but the NG does PCS people all the time (usually for extended length schools). For instance, I'm on a two-year PCS right now for SFQC. Officers who attend active-component CCC will likely be on PCS orders if the school is over 180 days. Flight school is another example.

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey Dirtbag View Post
        Transferring from one NG unit to another has absolutely nothing to do with PCS, but the NG does PCS people all the time (usually for extended length schools). For instance, I'm on a two-year PCS right now for SFQC. Officers who attend active-component CCC will likely be on PCS orders if the school is over 180 days. Flight school is another example.
        Thank you. This is the information I was looking for.

V/R
        W

Comment

You did not state if the Colonel was PCSing to school or if he/she was AGR. Depending on the unit, an O-6 may be accountable to an HHC which is run by an O-3 and trust me, orders will not be cancelled at that level. Also, officers receive RFOs which unlike a (senior) enlisted cannot be cancelled by a phone call from a CSM. I doubt a General has gotten involved in this.

His branch can make that determinations based on numerous factors or he does not meet service requirements. If you do not explicitly state what is his status; then your guess is good as mine.

Comment

Working...
          X