Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone attended the Sabalauski Pathfinder Course?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone attended the Sabalauski Pathfinder Course?

Was doing some internet surfing today when I noticed that Ft Campbell hosts a Pathfinder course as well where off-post officers can go in an unpaid TDY status.

Has anyone done this before? I'm thinking about asking my training NCO/Schools NCO at BN to see if this might be an option. All it seems to require is a memo, and it seems like it would be a huge asset for the state without a huge loss of money or the like.

I am also in an airborne unit if that matters

Re: Has anyone attended the Sabalauski Pathfinder Course?

I was AD when I was stationed at Campbell and went to the Sabalauski Air Assault School (the best). Upon graduation, I was offered SPIES/FRIES and tried to get Pathfinder but was sent to BNCOC. Other MPs went to the Sapper Course at LeonardWood.

I rarely saw other units (Ever air assault student had a 101st or Tenant Unit patch) and if I did; they were from Air Force.

Comment

Originally posted by ryncho View Post
      unpaid TDY status.
      Absolutley does not exist. You must be on orders to attend an army school, period.

Comment

Originally posted by realitycheck View Post
        Absolutley does not exist. You must be on orders to attend an army school, period.
        The unit can publish orders with no pay & allowances, but does put the Soldier on a duty status (i.e., drilling for points, just as IRR Soldiers do). I know nothing of this course, or whether any particular unit will cooperate, but it is possible to be on orders with no pay.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew.ritchie View Post
          The unit can publish orders with no pay & allowances, but does put the Soldier on a duty status (i.e., drilling for points, just as IRR Soldiers do). I know nothing of this course, or whether any particular unit will cooperate, but it is possible to be on orders with no pay.
          Its very rare I disagree with you sir...but I assure you this does not exist.

Comment

Working...
          X