• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to 48 Months To Captain

But the war is not over yet.

http://www.armytimes.com/article/201...e-make-captain

Re: Back to 48 Months To Captain

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
    Maj. Gen. Richard P. Mustion, commander of Human Resources Command, said the additional six months of service at O-2 “will provide first lieutenants more time for professional development, experience and depth from assignment opportunities prior to promotion.”.....translation: Save the army hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.

Comment

I guess I was wrong, but I thought O-3 was guaranteed? It said 243 Lieutenants were passed over a second time.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero259 View Post
        I guess I was wrong, but I thought O-3 was guaranteed? It said 243 Lieutenants were passed over a second time.
        By no means is it guaranteed, in the Guard your COC has a big hand in who gets the next 03 slot and who doesn't.

Comment

Okay, it was my understanding that O-1 to O-3 was just a matter of TIS/TIG, and that at O-4 only the performers advanced.

Comment

Let's put it this way. You have to be a pretty serious screw-up to not make Captain.

On a related note, I have been a Lieutenant for 71 months!

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey Dirtbag View Post
              Let's put it this way. You have to be a pretty serious screw-up to not make Captain.

On a related note, I have been a Lieutenant for 71 months!
              So...what are you saying, 1LT?
              Last edited by SF Hunter; August 16th, 2013, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SF Hunter View Post
                So...what are you saying, 1LT?
                ...even serious screw-ups make it through SFAS!

Comment

...even serious screw-ups make it through SFAS!
                  Just kidding, of course. Mr. I am currently attending CCC then SFQC. Again, great job.

Comment

Just kidding, of course. Mr. I am currently attending CCC then SFQC. Again, great job.
                    Thanks. By the way, SFQC has been reordered again. Because SUT has a high recycle/failure rate and the language training is perishable (guys were showing up to group with weak language skills), it now comes directly after IUW. As for language, I've heard that it may even come after Robin Sage, but I'm not sure.

Also, for NG officers who haven't served on a "real" battalion staff, it's a good idea to read through the Battle Staff Smartbook and know your operational terms/graphics inside and out before you attend ARSOF CCC. A lot of the things we are getting into are subjects I haven't paid any real attention to since IBOLC back in 2008, so I'm playing catch-up. And even though it isn't a physical course, the PT is pretty serious and the competition is stiff. I did well at SFAS and I score from the upper 290s up to a 300 on a strictly graded APFT, but I am below average in physical fitness among my classmates here.

Comment

Thanks. By the way, SFQC has been reordered again. Because SUT has a high recycle/failure rate and the language training is perishable (guys were showing up to group with weak language skills), it now comes directly after IUW. As for language, I've heard that it may even come after Robin Sage, but I'm not sure.
                      That doesnt surprise me. They are constantly tinkering with the phases and order of training. I will look into the new "official" order/timeline...thanks. Also, I would appreciate it, if you could keep me updated thru PM.

Comment

That doesnt surprise me. They are constantly tinkering with the phases and order of training. I will look into the new "official" order/timeline...thanks. Also, I would appreciate it, if you could keep me updated thru PM.
                        Will do.

Comment

Originally posted by Marine2Guard View Post
                          By no means is it guaranteed, in the Guard your COC has a big hand in who gets the next 03 slot and who doesn't.
                          "Passed over" would mean nonselected by a DA promotion board. I would imagine that the nonselectees lacked a four-year degree, or had significant UCMJ action in their background.

National Guard lieutenants selected for promotion by a DA board would need a promotable assignment in order to accept the higher rank. If their chain of command fails to find a slot for them, they can either delay promotion awaiting a slot, or transfer to the IRR and accept promotion there.

Comment

Does the NG have SELCON as AD?

Comment

Originally posted by matthew.ritchie View Post
                              "Passed over" would mean nonselected by a DA promotion board. I would imagine that the nonselectees lacked a four-year degree, or had significant UCMJ action in their background.

National Guard lieutenants selected for promotion by a DA board would need a promotable assignment in order to accept the higher rank. If their chain of command fails to find a slot for them, they can either delay promotion awaiting a slot, or transfer to the IRR and accept promotion there.
                              Sir, I really wasn't speaking of LTs that had been boarded, but rather the 1LT who has TIG to be promoted but remains the company XO or PL because their COC feels they need more time. I myself was just promoted and watched as a few of my peers who have more TIG than I, remained in their slots.

Comment

Working...
                              X