X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching

I spoke with my AMEDD recruiter in my home state today. While we wre talking she told me that once you are in the guard you can change your AOC if you want. That did seem to make sense to me. I thought you were locked unless you wanted to go back to another offcier basic school. Can anyone explain?

Re: Switching

Originally posted by EasternShoreman View Post
    I spoke with my AMEDD recruiter in my home state today. While we wre talking she told me that once you are in the guard you can change your AOC if you want. That did seem to make sense to me. I thought you were locked unless you wanted to go back to another offcier basic school. Can anyone explain?
    That's about the gist of it. This typically happens at CPT as opposed to while you are a LT, though. An example would be you were Medical Corps and decided at CPT you wanted to be Logistics or something to that effect. You'd simply go to the Captain's Career Course for that new branch, and voila you have a new AOC.

I've only heard of maybe one instance where a LT changed AOCs, but that was someone that was not yet branch qualified from BOLC-B. The LT was waiting around for an AV Flight School slot and got tired of waiting so he transferred to IN.

Comment

Working...
    X