X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promotion Boards

I just logged into the HRC website, and on the top pane it used to have three choices: "Active Record," "Reserve Record," and "Guard Record." The Guard Record is now gone, and my "Reserve Record" shows me as a 2LT. What gives?

Also, what is the story on the CPT promotion boards? Does anyone know how we can find out which board (which date, that is) our packet was submitted to? When are the results supposed to be posted?

I was told that my packet was submitted to the October board, and here we are in the middle of June and I can't find any results. Does anyone have a clear understanding of what is going on, or how this works (assuming it works at all)?

Re: Promotion Boards

I remember when I left the Guard and came on AD; that I was confused on seeing the different tabs in the HRC portal. I just have two now which is Active Record and Reserve Record.

My reserve shows my ARPC Form 249-2-E for retirement and ceases when I left the Guard. An HRC rep stated that my current service will not show until I complete it.

Now I go to the board next year and I should get an e-mail (in January) to tell me when MyBoardFile is open so I can validate the information that is in iPerms and on my ORB. Did you receive that yet?

Comment

I forgot to put a link

https://www.hrc.army.mil/tagd/my%20b...r%20promotions

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
        Now I go to the board next year and I should get an e-mail (in January) to tell me when MyBoardFile is open so I can validate the information that is in iPerms and on my ORB. Did you receive that yet?
        Oh yes; many moons ago. I'm just waiting for the list to come out, since I anticipate being on it. But I don't understand why my "Guard Record" no longer exists.

Furthermore, I find the HRC promotion board site to be completely unintelligible. How can I find out when the results of the October 2012 CPT board will be available?

Comment

Originally posted by jwarren View Post
          Oh yes; many moons ago. I'm just waiting for the list to come out, since I anticipate being on it. But I don't understand why my "Guard Record" no longer exists.

Furthermore, I find the HRC promotion board site to be completely unintelligible. How can I find out when the results of the October 2012 CPT board will be available?
          When the board results are released. No, I'm not being a smart ass about it either that's just the way it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Incognito
            Both your "reserve" record and "guard record" will mirror your OMPF in iperms.
            Not necessarily. I have stuff omitted in my iPerms that showed on my official record (e.g. deployment orders). But that was info that was lacking from eons back that was not an issue later on. Also, some stuff that you upload in iPerms does not translate to your official record (for officers, certain certifications).

Comment

Both your "reserve" record and "guard record" will mirror your OMPF in iperms.
              Not necessarily. I have stuff omitted in my iPerms that showed on my official record/ERB/ORB and vice-versa (e.g. deployment time matching deployment orders, deployment time vs lacking TCS orders). But that was info that was lacking from eons back that was not an issue later on. Also, some stuff that you upload in iPerms does not translate to your official record (for officers, certain certifications). To ensure that it matches, vet your file and correct it with your S1 or branch representative. I have an awesome civilian branch rep that corrects my files with one push of an e-mail.
              Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; June 17th, 2013, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Thats fine. But if he keeps looking at HRC for board results, he better grab a snickers.

Comment

We don't have anything to do with HRC for the most part in the Guard. Your promotion paperwork/board/whatever is all done at your JFHQ G-1. Those board results on the HRC website are for RA and USAR only. While it is ackward the guard record is gone, HRC isn't really the custodian of our records. Both your "reserve" record and "guard record" will mirror your OMPF in iperms.
                  MILPER Message:

Milper Message Number
                  12-222
                  Proponent
                  AHRC-PDV-PO
                  Title
                  FY13, CAPTAIN (CPT), ARMY RESERVE ACTIVE GUARD RESERVE (AR AGR), ARMY RESERVE NON-ACTIVE GUARD RESERVE (AR NON-AGR) AND ARMY NATIONAL GUARD OF THE UNITED STATES (ARNGUS), ARMY PROMOTION LIST (APL), COMPETITIVE CATEGORIES, PROMOTION SELECTION BOARDS
                  ...Issued: [18 Jul 12]...

Comment

It seems as if HRC/FedRec is the one that matters (at least in NJ).

Comment

Working...
                    X