Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mandatory Removal Date

Originally posted by Mr.Incognito View Post
    Apparently not.
    lol. We all need to get together someday for some drinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Incognito View Post
      Apparently not.
      Paralegal, nothing you've listed talks about the time as officer to retire. Nothing. Every officer knows the amount of time needed to retire. Even after posting links to Army G-1 you still want to do your barracks lawyer routine.

Comment

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
        Paralegal, nothing you've listed talks about the time as officer to retire. Nothing. Every officer knows the amount of time needed to retire. Even after posting links to Army G-1 you still want to do your barracks lawyer routine.
        Did you even read your own link??!! It clearly talks of the three different retired pay plans. The former two had your ten year rule...the high 36 does not. There is no ten year rule if all your service is after 1986. Your own link validates what I am saying.
        Last edited by Mr.Incognito; June 6th, 2013, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Its on page 5 and 6. My posts don't have sone of that info because it doesn't exist under the high 36 plan.
          Last edited by Mr.Incognito; June 6th, 2013, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
            Tracking and thanks for the update (Yes, my DIEMS is 1983). I still have time before I start my ACAP for retirement, so my information is stale, but at least I know I will retire as a Warrant.
            Yup. At least someone around here can admit when they've been had. You at least knew the information applicable to yourself. You are under retired pay plan 2. Most of us younger folk are covered under three.

Comment

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
              No, here's the correct info:

3-e-1-B): (Final Pay)

B) OFFICERS WHO RETIRE UNDER THE FINAL BASIC PAY PLAN WITH LESS THAN 10 YEARS OF COMMISSIONED SERVICE retire in their highest enlisted or warrant officer grade. They receive a percentage of the final basic pay that corresponds to the retired grade and years of service at retirement.

and:

3-e-2-B): (High-3 Plan)

B) COMMISSIONED OFFICERS WHO WERE FORMER ENLISTED, who retire with less than 10 years of commissioned service and less than 30 years of total service, will use only enlisted basic pay in the calculation of their highest 36 months of basic pay (Section 1407, Title 10 USC). The enlisted basic pay corresponding to the member’s years of service for the 36 months before retirement will be used. NOTE: Commissioned warrant officer time may be used to meet the 10-year commissioned service requirement.

DA G-1 Guidance
              You first paragraph is talking about retirement pay plan one, with diems date prior to 1980.

Your second paragraph is referencing retirement pay plan 2, which is the one chief is under, with a diems between 1980 to 1986.

Your third paragraph (retirement pay plan 3) with a diems date after 1986....is not present, because then you would have to admit you were incorrect...again.

Comment

Working...
              X