X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Officer duties benefiting the Civilian Sector

a sergeant at my RSP unit was talking up AGR jobs for E5-6 like they were the best jobs a 20-something, new recruit, out of college could have. (obv I know I'm excluded being OCS) 45K+, benefits, travel. etc..you know how recruiters do it, they make painting stryker vehicles and changing tires sound like a mission in Call of Duty..

Comment

Your main hurdle, from what I can see, is your degree. You have a feeder BS, which is supposed to lead to a MS or MD, to be of any real value in the civilian world. For you, I would just assume now that you are are not done with school.

If paying for school is going to be an issue, enlist as an "E" in an MOS that you will like for a while (since you will be drilling as it) and then use the NG benefits to knock out your graduate degree.

Comment

Originally posted by TxIntel 1978 View Post
        Your main hurdle, from what I can see, is your degree. You have a feeder BS, which is supposed to lead to a MS or MD, to be of any real value in the civilian world. For you, I would just assume now that you are are not done with school.

If paying for school is going to be an issue, enlist as an "E" in an MOS that you will like for a while (since you will be drilling as it) and then use the NG benefits to knock out your graduate degree.
        Damn right. Public sector jobs are getting cut back, for obvious reasons. And the growing parts of the private sector are looking for STEM degrees, or at least some relevant experience.

Comment

Working...
        X