Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaved Head

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have heard some unsettling rumors that I may have to shave my head again for Phase 1, and maintain that through Phase 2. Dont really want to do that again, any input ?

Re: Shaved Head

McClure will probably pop in and let ya know, but from my experience, no. Just got with a severe military haircut and you should be good to go...

Comment

TxIntel hit it spot on. Don't fear, OC. Are you going to AMA? You certainly don't have to shave your head (though it doesn't hurt), but you should show up with your hair cut at about a 1 length on the clippers. None of that "to AR 670-1 standard" stuff, they want it high and tight.

Anything longer than that and you'll end up sitting in the laundry room getting your head shaved by your classmates some night so the Platoon Trainers don't eat you alive. So yes, you can bring clippers. You'll get an opportunity to get your hair cut if you are staying for AOCS.

Comment

Originally posted by eqmcclure View Post
        TxIntel hit it spot on. Don't fear, OC. Are you going to AMA? You certainly don't have to shave your head (though it doesn't hurt), but you should show up with your hair cut at about a 1 length on the clippers. None of that "to AR 670-1 standard" stuff, they want it high and tight.

Anything longer than that and you'll end up sitting in the laundry room getting your head shaved by your classmates some night so the Platoon Trainers don't eat you alive. So yes, you can bring clippers. You'll get an opportunity to get your hair cut if you are staying for AOCS.
        Can I call 'em or what?

Comment

When I was at AMA for AOCS a couple summers ago, we had to go with the BCT style buzz cut, aka no guard on the clippers. Our hair had to be the same length all over, no high and tights, fades, etc. OC's that showed up with anything else, even if it was well within regs, had to get a hiarcut. I guess it will most likely be TAC dependent though,yours may not be as strict.

Comment

Originally posted by sherfield2002 View Post
            When I was at AMA for AOCS a couple summers ago, we had to go with the BCT style buzz cut, aka no guard on the clippers. Our hair had to be the same length all over, no high and tights, fades, etc. OC's that showed up with anything else, even if it was well within regs, had to get a hiarcut. I guess it will most likely be TAC dependent though,yours may not be as strict.
            It's hard for me to take AMA serious anymore after the whole "Bruno" incident...

Comment

Originally posted by eqmcclure View Post
              they want it high and tight
              No.

Comment

Originally posted by CSBryant View Post
                Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have heard some unsettling rumors that I may have to shave my head again for Phase 1, and maintain that through Phase 2. Dont really want to do that again, any input ?
                Pretty sure I still had my 'fro when I went through back in '07.

Comment

Originally posted by jwarren View Post
                  Pretty sure I still had my 'fro when I went through back in '07.
                  Sir, I thought you were blonde with blue eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
                    Sir, I thought you were blonde with blue eyes.
                    Actually...I am! I'd be perfect if it wasn't for my huge nose and short (5'7") stature. Damn.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Worried about his hair.........I am sure he will make a fine Officer.

Comment

Originally posted by AIRBORNE View Post
                          Worried about his hair.........I am sure he will make a fine Officer.

Comment

Did they change it for AMA? I graduated early '11 and we all shaved our heads several times.

Makes it easier anyway, less hygiene to deal with and easier to check for ticks! Besides, hair grows back and anything you can do to lessen the suck on yourself or sticking out poorly helps.

Comment

Originally posted by M-T View Post
                              Did they change it for AMA? I graduated early '11 and we all shaved our heads several times.

Makes it easier anyway, less hygiene to deal with and easier to check for ticks! Besides, hair grows back and anything you can do to lessen the suck on yourself or sticking out poorly helps.
                              Welcome to the tick check tent without lights! Complete your mission by feel.

Comment

Working...
                              X