X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer from National Guard to Active help

I talked to my Company and Battalion C.O. about transfering to active duty. They said they would support me doing this but I need to write a letter of intent. I am trying to get help on what I should include in this and format.

Re: Transfer from National Guard to Active help

Originally posted by terrydavid86 View Post
    I talked to my Company and Battalion C.O. about transfering to active duty. They said they would support me doing this but I need to write a letter of intent. I am trying to get help on what I should include in this and format.
    Don't waste the time doing it unless you meet the requirements for the regular army's "prior service business rules"....they are accepting almost no prior service.

Comment

What are the requirements? Any info will help. Thanks

Comment

Its called google...that's why I put it in """"""", speak to an active duty recruiter.

Comment

Just keep it simple. Put down why you want to transfer to active duty.

Comment

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
            Just keep it simple. Put down why you want to transfer to active duty.
            Keep it concise (e.g. financial difficulties, better MOS opportunity, etc.). As Mr. Incognito said, go see the AD recruiter and prior to getting that DD368, find out what is available to you.

Comment

Thanks so much for all the help. I went to a active recuiter but they seem to know nothing about officer transfers. I have the DD368.

Comment

Thanks so much for all the help. I went to a active recuiter but they seem to know nothing about officer transfers. I have the DD368.
                Officer transfers are a totally different subject. Go to the HRC site and search for the Limited Call to Active Duty. There's a packet you'll have to do and don't be suprised if you don't qualify.

Comment

Well, that bit of info could have saved you a lot of work.

The big Army only takes Officers for transfers under the "Call to Active Duty" program. Generally, you have to be an O-2P, be in a needed field and you have to work through HRC.

Comment

Originally posted by TxIntel 1978 View Post
                    Well, that bit of info could have saved you a lot of work.

The big Army only takes Officers for transfers under the "Call to Active Duty" program. Generally, you have to be an O-2P, be in a needed field and you have to work through HRC.
                    Many times they may also specify that you have completed the resident version of CCC which is not very common in the ARNG.

The OP's best bet is searching for that MILPERs as it will outline the eligibility criteria.

However, it's very unlikely AD will accept Reserve component officer transfers at this point.

Comment

Thx everyone for the help I think I have a good understanding.

Comment

Working...
                      X