Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Transfer from National Guard to Active help Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Transfer from National Guard to Active help

    I talked to my Company and Battalion C.O. about transfering to active duty. They said they would support me doing this but I need to write a letter of intent. I am trying to get help on what I should include in this and format.

  • #2
    Re: Transfer from National Guard to Active help

    Originally posted by terrydavid86 View Post
    I talked to my Company and Battalion C.O. about transfering to active duty. They said they would support me doing this but I need to write a letter of intent. I am trying to get help on what I should include in this and format.
    Don't waste the time doing it unless you meet the requirements for the regular army's "prior service business rules"....they are accepting almost no prior service.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Transfer from National Guard to Active help

      What are the requirements? Any info will help. Thanks

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Transfer from National Guard to Active help

        Its called google...that's why I put it in """"""", speak to an active duty recruiter.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Transfer from National Guard to Active help

          Originally posted by terrydavid86 View Post
          I talked to my Company and Battalion C.O. about transfering to active duty. They said they would support me doing this but I need to write a letter of intent. I am trying to get help on what I should include in this and format.
          Just keep it simple. Put down why you want to transfer to active duty.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Transfer from National Guard to Active help

            Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
            Just keep it simple. Put down why you want to transfer to active duty.
            Keep it concise (e.g. financial difficulties, better MOS opportunity, etc.). As Mr. Incognito said, go see the AD recruiter and prior to getting that DD368, find out what is available to you.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Transfer from National Guard to Active help

              Thanks so much for all the help. I went to a active recuiter but they seem to know nothing about officer transfers. I have the DD368.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Transfer from National Guard to Active help

                Originally posted by terrydavid86 View Post
                Thanks so much for all the help. I went to a active recuiter but they seem to know nothing about officer transfers. I have the DD368.
                Officer transfers are a totally different subject. Go to the HRC site and search for the Limited Call to Active Duty. There's a packet you'll have to do and don't be suprised if you don't qualify.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Transfer from National Guard to Active help

                  Originally posted by terrydavid86 View Post
                  Thanks so much for all the help. I went to a active recuiter but they seem to know nothing about officer transfers. I have the DD368.
                  Well, that bit of info could have saved you a lot of work.

                  The big Army only takes Officers for transfers under the "Call to Active Duty" program. Generally, you have to be an O-2P, be in a needed field and you have to work through HRC.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Transfer from National Guard to Active help

                    Originally posted by TxIntel 1978 View Post
                    Well, that bit of info could have saved you a lot of work.

                    The big Army only takes Officers for transfers under the "Call to Active Duty" program. Generally, you have to be an O-2P, be in a needed field and you have to work through HRC.
                    Many times they may also specify that you have completed the resident version of CCC which is not very common in the ARNG.

                    The OP's best bet is searching for that MILPERs as it will outline the eligibility criteria.

                    However, it's very unlikely AD will accept Reserve component officer transfers at this point.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Transfer from National Guard to Active help

                      Thx everyone for the help I think I have a good understanding.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X