Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Policies pertaining to RMA

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Policies pertaining to RMA

    Originally posted by Mr.Incognito View Post
    No one ever said to start pssing match with the commander. I gave him the straight answer to his question. I never said, and would never recommend you go back and say "commander you have no authority to do that, so we're not doing it". Use the information as the ace in the hole, and then "work to meet the commanders intent".

    If I say the sky is blue, you will find a way to imply its purple. I've been around officers like you all my life, can see them from a mile away.
    +1. Good advice.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Policies pertaining to RMA

      This is a very important issue for me as well. I am ordered to regularly (4 times per training year) take place in 5 day drill weekend. 2 of these dates are paid via the regular muta 4, the other 3 days are mandated overnight RMA days. I have been told there is nothing I can do about this by my PSG.

      I feel like we are being lied to. I would like to know how much authority my command has to force us to do these things.

      Thanks in advance.

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Policies pertaining to RMA

        Originally posted by MrZiggles View Post
        This is a very important issue for me as well. I am ordered to regularly (4 times per training year) take place in 5 day drill weekend. 2 of these dates are paid via the regular muta 4, the other 3 days are mandated overnight RMA days. I have been told there is nothing I can do about this by my PSG.

        I feel like we are being lied to. I would like to know how much authority my command has to force us to do these things.

        Thanks in advance.
        Already asked and answered... zero. You are most likely not being lied to. You don't find answers to authority type questions from your platoon sgt. The average nco thinks the decision of the commander is the end all be all.

        Just keep in mind of you piss them off you still have to work there.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Policies pertaining to RMA

          Originally posted by Mr.Incognito View Post
          Already asked and answered... zero. You are most likely not being lied to. You don't find answers to authority type questions from your platoon sgt. The average nco thinks the decision of the commander is the end all be all.

          Just keep in mind of you piss them off you still have to work there.
          Just to add to Incognito, we had a MUTA6 this past weekend (Saturday to Monday). For those who were AWOL, we cannot even code them "unexcused" for Monday. We did in the past and we had JAG packets for them. But JAG rejected them saying that they had not missed enough UTAs yet. It turns out that JAG was able to produce some regulation to the effect that they would only count the UTAs on Saturdays and Sundays towards separation.

          Whether they are right or not, I don't know. But the bottom line is that for our JAG, they won't even count UTAs that fall on days other than Saturday or Sunday.

          BTW, what the heck is an RMA? Return Merchandise Authorization?

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Policies pertaining to RMA

            Lol It is in the IT world.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Policies pertaining to RMA

              Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
              Lol It is in the IT world.
              Readiness Management Assemblies as shown in NGR 350-1

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Policies pertaining to RMA

                Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
                Just to add to Incognito, we had a MUTA6 this past weekend (Saturday to Monday). For those who were AWOL, we cannot even code them "unexcused" for Monday. We did in the past and we had JAG packets for them. But JAG rejected them saying that they had not missed enough UTAs yet. It turns out that JAG was able to produce some regulation to the effect that they would only count the UTAs on Saturdays and Sundays towards separation.

                Whether they are right or not, I don't know. But the bottom line is that for our JAG, they won't even count UTAs that fall on days other than Saturday or Sunday.

                BTW, what the heck is an RMA? Return Merchandise Authorization?
                If the Monday was actual UTA's, the commander can still U them so the Soldier cannot recover those for pay but they just can't be used against the Soldier for separation action. The 9 UTA's must be on 3 different drill weekends.

                As far as them being on any other day then the weekends and it was on an approved/published rill weekend/YTC, then your JAG must be very picky.
                Last edited by RedLeg; April 25th, 2013, 11:31 AM. Reason: typo

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Policies pertaining to RMA

                  Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
                  If the Monday was actual UTA's, the commander can still U them so the Soldier cannot recover those for pay but they just can't be used against the Soldier for separation action. The 9 UTA's must be on 3 different drill weekends.

                  As far as them being on any other day then the weekends and it was on an approved/published rill weekend/YTC, then your JAG must be very picky.
                  +1. That's pretty much spot on.

                  We were leading the state with JAG separation packets and they basically put a stop on that. They said we were kicking out too many people.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Policies pertaining to RMA

                    AR 135-91

                    4–14. Unexcused absence from unit training assemblies
                    a. Unsatisfactory participation. A soldier is an unsatisfactory participant (according to para 4–15) when nine or
                    more unexcused absences from scheduled inactive duty training (IDT)s occur during a 1–year period. (See b and c
                    below for computation.) In the case of IMAs required to perform IDT, see paragraph 4–7a(2).
                    b. Charging unexcused absences. Unless an absence is authorized, a soldier failing to attend a scheduled single or
                    multiple unit training assembly (MUTA) will be charged with an unexcused absence. When absence involves a MUTA
                    (or any portion of a MUTA), the charge will be one unexcused absence for each 4–hour period not attended, but not to
                    exceed four unexcused absences. If absent from a MUTA 5 or MUTA 6, the maximum number of unexcused absences
                    charged is four. Unexcused absences remain charged to the soldier on reassignment or reenlistment in another RC unit.
                    c. Establishing the 1–year period. For counting unexcused absences, the 1–year period will begin on the date of the
                    absence. It will end 1 year later. Beginning dates will be set for each succeeding unexcused absence. When longer than
                    1–year elapses from the date of an absence, it no longer will be counted. The new 1–year period will begin on the date
                    of the later absence, if any.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Policies pertaining to RMA

                      Originally posted by Mr.Incognito View Post
                      AR 135-91

                      4–14. Unexcused absence from unit training assemblies
                      a. Unsatisfactory participation. A soldier is an unsatisfactory participant (according to para 4–15) when nine or
                      more unexcused absences from scheduled inactive duty training (IDT)s occur during a 1–year period. (See b and c
                      below for computation.) In the case of IMAs required to perform IDT, see paragraph 4–7a(2).
                      b. Charging unexcused absences. Unless an absence is authorized, a soldier failing to attend a scheduled single or
                      multiple unit training assembly (MUTA) will be charged with an unexcused absence. When absence involves a MUTA
                      (or any portion of a MUTA), the charge will be one unexcused absence for each 4–hour period not attended, but not to
                      exceed four unexcused absences. If absent from a MUTA 5 or MUTA 6, the maximum number of unexcused absences
                      charged is four. Unexcused absences remain charged to the soldier on reassignment or reenlistment in another RC unit.
                      c. Establishing the 1–year period. For counting unexcused absences, the 1–year period will begin on the date of the
                      absence. It will end 1 year later. Beginning dates will be set for each succeeding unexcused absence. When longer than
                      1–year elapses from the date of an absence, it no longer will be counted. The new 1–year period will begin on the date
                      of the later absence, if any.
                      Thanks. You're a wealth of knowledge.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X