X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Policies pertaining to RMA

I'm looking for policies pertaining to RMAs. I have a soldier who was ordered to conduct an RMA but he feels like being ordered to conduct an RMA is beyond my company commander's authority. I searched NBR 350-1 and various AR's and couldn't find anything concrete.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Policies pertaining to RMA

Originally posted by marshmallow View Post
    I'm looking for policies pertaining to RMAs. I have a soldier who was ordered to conduct an RMA but he feels like being ordered to conduct an RMA is beyond my company commander's authority. I searched NBR 350-1 and various AR's and couldn't find anything concrete.

Thanks in advance.
    There is no authority for him/her to order someone to conduct RMA. Stop searching, you wont find anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Incognito View Post
      There is no authority for him/her to order someone to conduct RMA. Stop searching, you wont find anything.
      Exactly. Why is he being "ordered" to RMA. Is it to make up lost drills similar to SUTA?

Can you provide more background to your query?

http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...n-about-drills

Comment

Exactly. Marshmallow, why is he being "ordered" to RMA. Is it to make up lost drills similar to SUTA?

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post

Exactly. Marshmallow, why is he being "ordered" to RMA. Is it to make up lost drills similar to SUTA?

If it was to make up drill, it wouldn't be RMA....it would be...drill. Thats a different scenario if that is the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
            Why is he being "ordered" to RMA.
            Some units schedule an RMA yearly for the purposes of certifying key leaders on some topic that only involves some Soldiers and not others, e.g., safety officer certification, or range operations.

Comment

Thanks. He wants all E-6 and above to go to a 30 minute range safety briefing. Honestly it's something that can be done during the drill period.
              Last edited by marshmallow; April 16th, 2013, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Thanks. He wants all E-6 and above to go to a 30 minute range safety briefing. Honestly it's something that can be done during the drill period.
                It sounds like a piss poor way to manage funds. He doesn't have a leg to stand on, however, you still have to work for him. Pick your battles.

Comment

Thanks in advance.
                  LT, some advice: stop trying to be the barracks lawyer. A range safety brief is probably so the SSG can be a safety, Range NCO ect. He's probably needed to run a range or the unit cannot conduct the range. Often these cannot be conducted on a drill weekend. Find out other dates the class is offered and present to the SSG.

BTW, UTAs and RMAs are usually very generic terms that are thrown around. You should probably know exactly what the Soldier is being paid with.
                  Last edited by RedLeg; April 16th, 2013, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
                    LT, some advice: stop trying to be the barracks lawyer. A range safety brief is probably so the SSG can be a safety, Range NCO ect. He's probably needed to run a range or the unit cannot conduct the range. Often these cannot be conducted on a drill weekend. Find out other dates the class is offered and present to the SSG.

BTW, UTAs and RMAs are usually very generic terms that are thrown around. You should probably know exactly what the Soldier is being paid with.
                    Sir thanks for your advice but I am looking for regulations. I am prior service and am aware of the repercussions of "being by the book".

Comment

Captain, some advice. Stop contradicting posts all the time just to post. Whether or not the range safety brief is necessary, doesn't mean it should interfere with the Soldiers civilian job and/or school. Thats why we have a drill SCHEDULE...not a surprise RMA day. The LT's questions are harmless and in good faith.
                      Last edited by Mr.Incognito; April 17th, 2013, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Captain, some advice. Stop contradicting posts all the time just to post. Whether or not the range safety brief is necessary, doesn't mean it should interfere with the Soldiers civilian job and/or school. Thats why we have a drill SCHEDULE...not a surprise RMA day. The LT's questions are harmless and in good faith.
                        Paralegal, the only one contradicting is you. He wants a leadership answer not the answer some SPC would give.

Marshmellow, going back to your commander stating he can't enforce isn't the correct way. Working with the Soldier to the meet the commander's intent is.

Comment

Paralegal, the only one contradicting is you. He wants a leadership answer not the answer some SPC would give.

Marshmellow, going back to your commander stating he can't enforce isn't the correct way. Working with the Soldier to the meet the commander's intent is.
                          Seems like he explicitly asked for an answer with regard to the regs.

Thanks in advance.
                          Sir thanks for your advice but I am looking for regulations. I am prior service and am aware of the repercussions of "being by the book".

Comment

No one ever said to start pssing match with the commander. I gave him the straight answer to his question. I never said, and would never recommend you go back and say "commander you have no authority to do that, so we're not doing it". Use the information as the ace in the hole, and then "work to meet the commanders intent".

If I say the sky is blue, you will find a way to imply its purple. I've been around officers like you all my life, can see them from a mile away.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	5dd3a2c14d33dec2a70520b4ceab239d.gif
Views:	1
Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	402

Comment

Working...
                              X