X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virginia/DC/Maryland IST

Hello everyone. I'm currently an O-1 in the Army Reserve with an AOC of 70B. I'm moving to the DC area where my wife works and am trying to figure out who to contact to find any 70 series slots that might be available in that part of the country. Also, I am hoping to find a unit in the region that could be deploying in the near future. Can anyone give me the contact info for the IST coordinators that might be able to help me with this.

Thank you in advance!

Re: Virginia/DC/Maryland IST

Originally posted by smiggs View Post
    Hello everyone. I'm currently an O-1 in the Army Reserve with an AOC of 70B. I'm moving to the DC area where my wife works and am trying to figure out who to contact to find any 70 series slots that might be available in that part of the country. Also, I am hoping to find a unit in the region that could be deploying in the near future. Can anyone give me the contact info for the IST coordinators that might be able to help me with this.

Thank you in advance!
    Let me ask you this, if you're a 70B in the USAR, why are you interested in the ARNG? Unless it has something to do with educational benefits, I don't quite see why the ARNG would work better for you than the USAR. I'm assuming the DC Metro area is ripe for 70B opportunities.

Comment

Unfortunately, there are currently no reserve 70B vacancies in the DC area. The closest ones I can find are over 300 miles away in Northern PA and WV. I believe 70B are greatly over strength in the reserve which is why there are not much vacancies anywhere.

I was hoping that the situation was better in the guard. Also, the guard might have more slots for medical offices in maneuver units which is what I am really interested in.

Comment

Unfortunately, there are currently no reserve 70B vacancies in the DC area. The closest ones I can find are over 300 miles away in Northern PA and WV. I believe 70B are greatly over strength in the reserve which is why there are not much vacancies anywhere.

I was hoping that the situation was better in the guard. Also, the guard might have more slots for medical offices in maneuver units which is what I am really interested in.
        We have a MS officer in HHC but that's about the only one I can recall off the top of my head in an infantry battalion. It's crazy that there are no 70B slots around the DC area. I did not expect that.

Comment

Contact Virginia's officer recruiter, MAJ Bryan HAMILTON, bryan.s.hamilton.mil@mail.mil, and mention my name.

Comment

Working...
          X