X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NG officer to AD officer PROCESS

I read many threads about how to get released from your unit and the neccessary paperwork to do so, however who do you talk to on the AD side to get you into AD component.
    Every recruiter that's been contacted said they have no clue how to transfer an officer from NG to AD, they only work with enlisted soldiers, I asked if there are officers recruiters (like the Marines) and they all said no.
    2LT non branch qualified will get released from his NG unit but doesn't know how to get into the AD side.
    If anyone knows the process on the AD side how to accept NG officer please share, or if there's a POC on the AD side that will be great as well.

Thanks all

Re: NG officer to AD officer PROCESS

Originally posted by LTinfantry View Post
    I read many threads about how to get released from your unit and the neccessary paperwork to do so, however who do you talk to on the AD side to get you into AD component.
    Every recruiter that's been contacted said they have no clue how to transfer an officer from NG to AD, they only work with enlisted soldiers, I asked if there are officers recruiters (like the Marines) and they all said no.
    2LT non branch qualified will get released from his NG unit but doesn't know how to get into the AD side.
    If anyone knows the process on the AD side how to accept NG officer please share, or if there's a POC on the AD side that will be great as well.

Thanks all
    You'd better start talking to God, because he's the only chance in hell you've got of getting into the active component as a 2LT with no branch qualification, unless you speak half a dozen languages and have a PhD in electrical engineering or something. With current budgetary constraints, the days of easily transitioning from NG to active are gone.

Comment

Thanks all
      HRC, but if you're question is are you going to be able to transfer to AD as a non-branch qualified (or even branch qualified) 2LT, the answer is in 99.9% of cases.. no.

I believe there is a MILPERS out there that states NG/USAR CPT or MAJ with CCC complete and a STEM degree are eligible for transfer to AD. (Please tell me you have a degree in Criminal Justice.)

Comment

Originally posted by jwarren View Post
        You'd better start talking to God, because he's the only chance in hell you've got of getting into the active component as a 2LT with no branch qualification, unless you speak half a dozen languages and have a PhD in electrical engineering or something. With current budgetary constraints, the days of easily transitioning from NG to active are gone.
        That's a great input but doesn't answer my question. Do you actually know the process?

Comment

That's a great input but doesn't answer my question. Do you actually know the process?
          The process is to start praying.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
            HRC, but if you're question is are you going to be able to transfer to AD as a non-branch qualified (or even branch qualified) 2LT, the answer is in 99.9% of cases.. no.

I believe there is a MILPERS out there that states NG/USAR CPT or MAJ with CCC complete and a STEM degree are eligible for transfer to AD. (Please tell me you have a degree in Criminal Justice.)
            I called HRC and they said, they don't deal with NG officers I have to contact a recruiter. So I'm back to square one.
            I do not have a degree in criminal justice

Comment

I called HRC and they said, they don't deal with NG officers I have to contact a recruiter. So I'm back to square one.
              In that case, then I'm not sure. I highly doubt it is possible though giving the current MILPERs. If you do not have a degree in math, engineering, physics, science, etc. (STEM) it is impossible based on the current MILPERs.

Comment

I believe that's the actual process. You will have to have a conditional release from your state and work through a recruiter, although it may not be the standard recruiter. Then AD army will have to agree to take you....

Since the obvious answer isnt enough, I've done the footwork and a bit of searching on HRC.

Here you go, you may use your cac or AKO login for call to active duty

https://www.hrc.army.mil/Milper/12-348

Nut shell:

3. THERE ARE SEVERAL MAJOR CHANGES FOR THE CALL TO ACTIVE DUTY (REGULAR ARMY) PROGRAM THAT ARE SUMMARIZED HERE (SEE PARA 6 FOR DETAILS).

A. THIS PROGRAM IS CLOSED TO LTs.

B. THIS PROGRAM IS CLOSED TO LTCs.

C. THIS PROGRAM IS OPEN TO CW2-CW3s IN A LIMITED NUMBER OF BASIC BRANCHES LISTED IN PARAGRAPH 5.

D. THIS PROGRAM REMAINS OPEN FOR ACTIVE DUTY ACCESSIONS FOR OFFICERS WITH KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE IN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING ACADEMIC DISCIPLINES: SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING AND MATH.

E. THE CAD PROGRAM HAS TRANSITIONED INTO A SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE BASED PROGRAM AND NOT A TRADITIONAL BASIC BRANCH/FUNCTIONAL AREA CONSTRUCT. THE CAD PROGRAM DOES NOT FUNCTION AS A BRANCH TRANSFER PROGRAM.

F. ELIGIBLE USAR/ARNG OFFICERS MAY REQUEST A CALL TO ACTIVE DUTY IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE NEEDS OF THE ARMY BASED UPON THE CRITICAL SKILLS, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE OUTLINED IN PARAGRAPH 3E ABOVE. THE OFFICER PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT DIRECTORATE (OPMD) WILL REVIEW THE APPLICANT’S PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS. THOSE OFFICERS DETERMINED QUALIFIED FOR ACTIVE DUTY SERVICE WILL BE NOTIFIED OF A BRANCH OR FUNCTIONAL AREA, AS DETERMINED BY OPMD, WITH THE OPTION OF ACCEPTING THE OFFER FOR ACTIVE DUTY SERVICE.

G. APPLICANTS ARE ADVISED THAT CURRENT AND FUTURE PROJECTED OFFICER BRANCH/FUNCTIONAL AREA INVENTORIES ALIGNED WITH ARMY FORCE STRUCTURE IS A CRITICAL FACTOR IN THE CAD APPROVAL/DISAPPROVAL DECISION PROCESS.

//break break//

6. INELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

A. ALL LTs AND LTCs.

B. OFFICERS WHO HAVE BEEN NON-SELECTED FOR PROMOTION TO THE NEXT HIGHER GRADE.

// break break//

7. APPLICATION PROCEDURES:

A. EACH APPLICANT WILL SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:

(1) IF A MEMBER OF THE ARMY NATIONAL GUARD MUST HAVE AN APPROVED CONDITIONAL RELEASE, EITHER BY MEMORANDUM OR DD FORM 368, FROM THE STATE ADJUTANT GENERAL/REGIONAL READINESS COMMAND (RRC) COMMANDING GENERAL, OR HIS/HER DESIGNATED REPRESENTATIVE.

(2) CHAIN OF COMMAND ENDORSEMENTS (EXCEPT INDIVIDUAL READY RESERVE/INDIVIDUAL MOBILIZATION AUGMENTEE) THROUGH THE STATE ADJUTANT GENERAL/RRC COMMANDING GENERAL, OR HIS/HER DESIGNATED REPRESENTATIVE.

(3) APPLICATIONS FROM USAR AND ARNG AGR OFFICERS (USC TITLE 10 & 32) MUST INCLUDE CONCURRENCE FROM THEIR RESPECTIVE CAREER AGR MANAGER.

(4) DA FORM 160-R, APPLICATION FOR ACTIVE DUTY.

The list goes on. So besides those with experience telling you, here you have it.

Comment

On the bright side they are accepting CW2-CW3 153D's! Even during these huge cuts! Maybe there is some small semblance of hope six years down the road when my obligation expires! I'm glad I read this, just assumed it was practically impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by show_stopper999 View Post
                    6. INELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

[B]A. ALL LTs
                    Wait, so...I was right? How vindicating.

Comment

The hard part in this was going to hrc.army.mil and searcing for "active duty". Result is on the first page.

Comment

Working...
                      X