X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unit Vacancy Promotions

I and 5 fellow 1LT's volunteered to fill slots on a mobilizing BN when no CPT's in the state would. We are all currently in CPT slots and have been for at least 12 months, most of us longer. 3 of us are currently eligible and meet the requirements for promotion and had our packets returned at the state level from the COS with a statement of no action taken re-look in a year. Is this occurring other places? Is there any regulatory guidance out there on this? I thought that the entire purpose of filling a position with a JR Graded person was to execute a unit vacancy promotion. My frustration is that we are qualifed for these positions, have been rated in them successfully, in all of my OER's are promote ahead of peers yet they don't want to promote us.

Bottom line is the BN CDR Supports our promotions and I am being told the BDE CDR does as well. Any ideas on why the state would block these promotions?

Re: Unit Vacancy Promotions

Have you talked with your BC? He may have more to the story.

Comment

Better question.

The OP posted this 1 hour ago.
      RedLeg posted 17 minutes ago.

Why is this thread in the Archive (2010) sub-forum?

As for the original post, I'm definitely interested in the answer as well.

Comment

Moved. Thanks Polo for pointing that out.

Comment

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
          Have you talked with your BC? He may have more to the story.
          Just saw the posts on here. I was beginning to wonder what I was doing wrong. To answer the question my BN CDR is the first person I talked with and he was displeased with the decision to put it mildly. I have also had conversations with my BDE CDR about this situation and he also doesn't understand the states decision. So at this point I am not sure where to go. I have the slot. I am fully qualified. So my question is if the state feels I shouldn't be promoted why did they put me in the slot

For some reason they don't want to promote people that are in these slots.

My real question at this point is not blocking someone that has already been moved to the slot (My definition of the promotion intent and possibly ROPMA's definition of position vacancy promotion) from going before a federal recognition board allowable in this situation?

Thanks to whoever caught that the post had been archived.

Comment

To the OP, can you please tell how many years have you been a 1st LT and your current waiting time if you've not been promoted to CPT as of today? Would be great reading from you too. Thx

Originally posted by bmneely View Post
            I and 5 fellow 1LT's volunteered to fill slots on a mobilizing BN when no CPT's in the state would. We are all currently in CPT slots and have been for at least 12 months, most of us longer. 3 of us are currently eligible and meet the requirements for promotion and had our packets returned at the state level from the COS with a statement of no action taken re-look in a year. Is this occurring other places? Is there any regulatory guidance out there on this? I thought that the entire purpose of filling a position with a JR Graded person was to execute a unit vacancy promotion. My frustration is that we are qualifed for these positions, have been rated in them successfully, in all of my OER's are promote ahead of peers yet they don't want to promote us.

Bottom line is the BN CDR Supports our promotions and I am being told the BDE CDR does as well. Any ideas on why the state would block these promotions?

Comment

Originally posted by Joaco View Post
              To the OP, can you please tell how many years have you been a 1st LT and your current waiting time if you've not been promoted to CPT as of today? Would be great reading from you too. Thx
              Probably not as long as me, and I doubt he just left a ~150k/yr job to spend two years on active duty in order to get SF qualified. In other words: it ain't about the money.

Oh, and I already posted some answers in the thread you started. Stop resurrecting these dinosaurs.

Comment

Working...
              X