X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natty Guard Infantry 2LT to Active Duty

I am a National Guard 2LT, completed IBOLC, went through state OCS. I want to go active duty, my LES has no ETS date on it anymore, I think because I went green to gold. Long story short is I don't really care what branch I go into when I go active duty, I'm an excess PL right now, my battalion has tons of LT's. How hard would it be to get into active duty in my situation?

Re: Natty Guard Infantry 2LT to Active Duty

You don't have a ETS because you are commissioned, not enlisted. Secondly, your essentially have no chance to access onto Active Duty. You can look at the critera of the Army's Call to Active Duty program for this fiscal year, and continue to monitor it...but if I would bet a good part of my future pension that the AD will not be looking for IN Branched company grade officers anytime soon short of North Korea bombing South Korea or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose772 View Post
      You don't have a ETS because you are commissioned, not enlisted. Secondly, your essentially have no chance to access onto Active Duty. You can look at the critera of the Army's Call to Active Duty program for this fiscal year, and continue to monitor it...but if I would bet a good part of my future pension that the AD will not be looking for IN Branched company grade officers anytime soon short of North Korea bombing South Korea or something.
      Well that's not fair, he might also have a shot if we go to war with Iran...

Comment

-__-

Comment

That's true. But Iran would have to use its nukes.

Comment

Working...
          X