X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deployment Orders

I have a question and hope someone will have some insight. My unit (MP Co) is going to Afghanistan and is supposed to be mobilized in Mid-March. We have been given the dates and know exactly where we are going for MOB etc...The problem is, we still have not been given our Title 10 orders. This is causing problems for soldiers in the unit, and as some of you know who have deployed before, you need to get personal affairs in order before leaving. They are saying this is being held up at the NGB level and they are working on it. Has anyone seen this before? Thanks for any insight.

Re: Deployment Orders

I am active duty and have received my orders a month and a half out. I know, in my case, its different; but all I can say is keep whoever is affected informed and that you will get a copy of your orders to them soon.

Comment

We knew that we were deploying about a year out, but didn't know the exact date till about 4 months out. As far as our title 10 orders, a small advance party went on at the 4 month mark, the rest of us didn't go on orders till about 7 days prior to our departure to the MOB station.

Comment

My last deployment, they held a formation and passed out orders just prior to us getting on the busses to the airfield we were departing from.

Comment

Finally got the orders. Active Duty not to exceed 400 days, and it says mobilization processing not to exceed 25 days. The unit has said 45 day mobilization, and the orders say not to exceed 25 days. Does this change once arriving at MOb, or is thins probably accurate?

Comment

That will be accurate, though you unit might put you on state or at, orders directly prior for aditional training and or prep/movement

Comment

Thanks for the reply. It just seems odd there is such a difference. I couldnt find anything online talking about MOB much. I know we did a lot of training the year leading up to this, and PTAE certified us on a lot of tasks. Hopefully it goes by quickly, and we do only have to be there a month. If any one has personal experince dealing with the orders and having the times be different, I'd love to hear it. Thanks.

Comment

We have been deploying for over a decade. Just let the system run. Honestly unless you are the BC, a CO or the UMO I wouldn't worry too much about it. My unit is waiting for our DA order now and it's 3 weeks overdue. It's causing me some difficulty for me at my civilian government job, so I can feel your angst.

Comment

Working...
                X