X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RA Major tranfer to USAR

I'll be twice non-select this coming RA HRC board /90A, YG96 (possibly). If I join the USAR 90 days prior to involuntary separation date (if involuntary sep); what would be my year group in the reserves? Also, would I have another opportunity for the LTC board in the reserves and when? If I do this I'll transfer July 2013.

Note: I'll have 16 years in May 13. No referals or UCMJ's in my record. I may get selectively continued but want to do proper planning just in case.

Re: RA Major tranfer to USAR

You get two more tries for promotion by a reserve component board. If you haven't already addressed your deficiencies, you may not have enough time for those additional chances to make a difference. Your YG won't change.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew.ritchie View Post
      You get two more tries for promotion by a reserve component board. If you haven't already addressed your deficiencies, you may not have enough time for those additional chances to make a difference. Your YG won't change.
      So, would I be put in zone as soon as I transfer over?

Comment

Originally posted by shepparl View Post
        So, would I be put in zone as soon as I transfer over?
        Yes, you'll face the RC boards fairly quickly because of your TIG. If you have a problem that you can't correct in a timely manner, you may face nonselection again.

What are your goals and priorities? If you want to stay in service, then you have other options.

Comment

My goal is to actually go SF, but this forum answered that question for me. However, initially if or when I transfer over I would like to see if I could make LTC and do 30yrs and retire. I don't know if I had any major deficiencies, the SR wrote the OER like it was an ACOM but because of either timing and profile (his words) I didn't get the ACOM. I think IST over from the Navy also put a stigma on mef (as 0-4) (reason choice to get into special operations).
          The Army eval system is very subjective and when your not in traditional XO, S3 or SPO job but alternate KD positions you have to fight for limited ACOMs, and the SR seem to have tough choices and looking at my record although competetive I think they'd rather give that ACOM to a MAJOR who's been in the whole time. Truthly there where no deficiencies just perception of a particulary officer in which I couldn't win them over ( I did the job). I know enlisted is an option. too.

Comment

Working...
          X