Announcement Module
No announcement yet.

NG Officer to Active Duty Officer

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NG Officer to Active Duty Officer

    Alright, so I'm going to give a lot of information up front to hopefully make this easier. I'm currently a contracted ROTC cadet as well as a soldier in The NG as an 09R. I'm an SMP cadet as well as GRFD scholarship recipient. I plan to branch MP in the NG upon my commission in 2015. I will receive my master's degree in education ASAP after I receive my bachelor's the day I commission in 2015. I hope to, at some point, transfer to active duty at some point during my military career but I'm unsure how or if it is even possible. Is anyone able to tell me anything about this. If it's possible? How possible? When could it happen? And steps I need to take/ requirements?

  • #2
    Re: NG Officer to Active Duty Officer

    Your GRFD scholarship requires eight years of drilling service with the reserve component after commissioning. After you complete that obligation, you are welcome to pursue whatever call to active duty is available at that time. The Army Human Resources Command publishes guidance periodically on this topic, and allows prior reserve component officers to transition to active duty based on the needs of the force. What those needs will be in 2023 I cannot predict.