Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOCS questions (Ft. Mclellan bound)

I'm an 09S
    1. When shipping to BCT, the first check was really late. Should I expect the same lag in time for the first check at OCS this summer?

I am a WEAK swimmer. I've taken swim lessons (I'm not afraid of the water or anything like that), but I still suck. I may not be able to swim from one side of the pool to the other. I've heard contradicting news about the water part of OCS. Some say its just something you have to have the guts to attempt, but I've heard other reports that I have to do a lot in the water successfully.
    2. Is this something that can cause me to fail OCS?
    3. What do I need to be able to do in the water before this summer when I ship?

Re: AOCS questions (Ft. Mclellan bound)

And away we go...

Army OCS Combat Water Survival Test

Comment

Originally posted by jmclaughlin1701 View Post
      I can't stop laughing!!!!

WAAAAAAAAAHA HA HA HA HA HA HAHA!!!

Comment

Seriously though, all you have to do is ATTEMPT the CWST. They're not going to let you drown.

Comment

Comment

Great. Thank you for the information, gentlemen. Any idea about the pay?

Comment

AOCS should pay you as an E-6. Easy way to see if to check you LES and see how they have you coded...

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
                MEAN!!!

BWAAAAHA HA HA HAHA HA!!!

Comment

Not to thread jack here but how come Officers have to take the swim test and enlisted don't? Makes no sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by jc091393 View Post
                    Not to thread jack here but how come Officers have to take the swim test and enlisted don't? Makes no sense to me.
                    It's fitting... First, they try to drown us and then they make us buy our own uniforms.

Double whammy...

Comment

Your pay while at AOCS will be handled through your state, which could mean it's handled through your unit or through your states RTI. Or in the cases of severeal states, mine included, it will be handled by no one and you won't get paid until halfway thorugh AOCS or later. When I was there, there was some confusion in my state (MS) on who processed the pay. My unit thought RTI would do it, RTI thought the unit would handle it. It ended up being handled at the unit level in mine and other MS OC's case. Several other states had pay issues too and bascally went through the entire AOCS without pay. The reason most OC's fail to realize they have a pay problem is that we never had access to our LES unless we knew there was a problem, like a spouse writing a letter telling you that you aren't being paid.

In summary, don't be surprised if your pay is delayed.

Comment

Originally posted by jmclaughlin1701 View Post
                        It's fitting... First, they try to drown us and then they make us buy our own uniforms.

Double whammy...
                        Lol...

Number one reason to go enlisted first!

Comment

Originally posted by sherfield2002 View Post
                          Your pay while at AOCS will be handled through your state, which could mean it's handled through your unit or through your states RTI. Or in the cases of severeal states, mine included, it will be handled by no one and you won't get paid until halfway thorugh AOCS or later. When I was there, there was some confusion in my state (MS) on who processed the pay. My unit thought RTI would do it, RTI thought the unit would handle it. It ended up being handled at the unit level in mine and other MS OC's case. Several other states had pay issues too and bascally went through the entire AOCS without pay. The reason most OC's fail to realize they have a pay problem is that we never had access to our LES unless we knew there was a problem, like a spouse writing a letter telling you that you aren't being paid.

In summary, don't be surprised if your pay is delayed.
                          ...And that is what I was afraid of. Thanks for the info. I'm in MS as well. What branch (and unit) are you in? Do you like it?

Comment

Originally posted by EdWelch View Post
                            ...And that is what I was afraid of. Thanks for the info. I'm in MS as well. What branch (and unit) are you in? Do you like it?
                            Didn't realize you were MS too. Guess I should have looked at your location. I sent you a PM.

Comment

Talk with the OSM and your unit about pay issues prior to leaving for AOCS and it will help, the biggest issue I have seen with MS candidates was they forgot to inform their unit that they will have a pay grade change to E6. Also when offered a chance to check your LES, do so.

Comment

Working...
                              X