X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TIG for 2LT to 1LT

Maybe your buddy is right. I'm just trying to find the correct answer either way. Of course, I want it to be 18 mths just like any other butture bar. If the reg has recently changed to 24 mths, that's fine, nothing we can do about that. I just want to find the right answer and no one seems to have a clear answer at this point.

Comment

That would stink because my 18 months is TODAY. I called the S1 and he said he's heard nothing of a change.

Comment

My S1 hadn't heard anything of a change, either, show_stopper, and I hit 18 months yesterday as well, so I'm with you. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

[edit]18 months, not 19
        Last edited by knelson; February 7th, 2013, 09:24 AM.

Comment

I really hope there's no change. I hit 18 months here pretty soon, but my 24 month date is while I'm in-country. I'm pretty sure something will get jacked up with that and it will be more like 36 months...

Comment

One of my counterparts was put in for his 1LT promotion quite a few weeks ago and he says that it has stalled at the Federal level for more than a month. He is at the 20 month mark. Mine went through the state signoff process very quickly last week, and is at the Federal level. I don't know how long it normally takes, but I will keep you guys posted here on the progression.

Comment

Nothing has made it to my state yet.

I got a call yesterday that they are getting ready to put me into the federal recognition board for 1LT, but they dont like that my last PT test was at Fort Benning and not on soverign NJ soil, so they are going to have me do one here, although I'm not expired.

So as far as my state is concerned it's still 18 months.

Comment

Just an update... It looks like it's still 18 months. I just had to do some digging to find the right info to convince the BN S1 shop. My unit admin NCO was a big help. The memo that Marine2Guard had for my state was very helpful too.

Show_stopper, my unit has always been the same way about PT tests. Those taken at a school aren't considered "official", they are only good while at the school. You have to pass a PT test with the unit for it to count as your required record APFT for the fiscal year.

Comment

Working...
                X