Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you drill with other units and get credit?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you drill with other units and get credit?

Hi
    I know the ANG and Army Reserve have a document you fill out so you may drill with another unit away from home and still get credit. Does the Army NG has something like that?

Re: Can you drill with other units and get credit?

Originally posted by copter35 View Post
    Hi
    I know the ANG and Army Reserve have a document you fill out so you may drill with another unit away from home and still get credit. Does the Army NG has something like that?
    The term you're looking for is "SUTA" and yes, the ARNG has something like that. However, it will probably need approval by your current commander as well as the gaining unit's commander.

Comment

Originally posted by copter35 View Post
      Hi
      What Polo said, but I'll add that these arrangements are typically made for a specific purpose and are not long-term. It's not an Army NG issue; it's a local commander issue. Your chain of command can advise you, but you'll have to do the leg work with the unit you want to split-drill with (including getting their permission).

Comment

Thanks for the help. I should have word it a little different. I know its a SUTA and I know is at the company level. Im just having issues with support at the company level.

Comment

+1 to the LTs

Having a good attendance and motivation record helps make this agreement smoother between your 1SG/CO if weddings or other personal events occur and you need to make up time. Especially with your 1SG, who will likely be around longer than your CO.

Comment

I am actually looking into doing this myself. Would I initiate the process by talking to my unit's commander, or by talking to my IST coordinator?

Comment

Originally posted by PVT Peters View Post
              I am actually looking into doing this myself. Would I initiate the process by talking to my unit's commander, or by talking to my IST coordinator?
              SUTA and IST are not the same thing....

Doing a SUTA is for a short term situation. IST is doing a permanent transfer out of your state to another.

As far as doing a SUTA, you have to have approval on both sides and it's not required they approve it. Thus, don't be a turd-sammitch and you CoC will work with you (in theory).

Comment

Sometimes even turd-sammitches like myself still can make that happen. You just have to present your case in a serious and well thought out manner. I'm not really ate-up though, but my CoC does know of my current issues with my unit, and we compromise on a great many things. I'm sure you can do the same.

The first person I did talk to was my 1SG, and he instructed me to do the leg-work and get permission from the other unit's CoC. After that talk to my PLT SGT/PLT LDR and send him the message. If he can get it approved, I'm good to go. If not, suck it up and drive on.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero259 View Post
                  Sometimes even turd-sammitches like myself still can make that happen. You just have to present your case in a serious and well thought out manner. I'm not really ate-up though, but my CoC does know of my current issues with my unit, and we compromise on a great many things. I'm sure you can do the same.

The first person I did talk to was my 1SG, and he instructed me to do the leg-work and get permission from the other unit's CoC. After that talk to my PLT SGT/PLT LDR and send him the message. If he can get it approved, I'm good to go. If not, suck it up and drive on.
                  By definition, a turd-sammitch is not one who identifies themself as a turd-sammitch...! :P

Comment

Working...
                  X