Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long after signing your contract - orders get uploaded into the system

Hello All,
    I swear/signed my contract on 1/8/13 -- DC 2d Lt. I was told by my recruiter I wont get my ID/uniforms/drill until I have my orders, does anyone knows how long it takes for your orders to get uploaded?

Thanks,
    Dilawari

Re: How hong after signing your contract - orders get uploaded into the system

Originally posted by dilawari View Post
    Hello All,
    I swear/signed my contract on 1/8/13 -- DC 2d Lt. I was told by my recruiter I wont get my ID/uniforms/drill until I have my orders, does anyone knows how long it takes for your orders to get uploaded?

Thanks,
    Dilawari
    Not sure about the orders, but you do know you are going to get all your gear during BCT, right?

Comment

I had assumed that DC 2LT meant Direct Commission, so no BCT. My orders took a few months from my commission date, but I was BCT->OCS. After commissioning, it took that long for the FedRec process.

Comment

Yes -- it's Direct Commissioned AMMED. I'm required to get all my gear before meeting my unit and before training.

Comment

Interesting. I swore in yesterday as a DC 1 Lt. and was told to show up this Saturday for my first drill in civilian clothes (business casual), and would need to get my own ACU's by next month's drill.

Comment

Originally posted by Bmac View Post
            Interesting. I swore in yesterday as a DC 1 Lt. and was told to show up this Saturday for my first drill in civilian clothes (business casual), and would need to get my own ACU's by next month's drill.
            That's great -- congrats very unusual but that's great. Were you giving AKO access?

Comment

Originally posted by knelson View Post
              I had assumed that DC 2LT meant Direct Commission, so no BCT. My orders took a few months from my commission date, but I was BCT->OCS. After commissioning, it took that long for the FedRec process.
              Ah, tracking. That makes more sense.

Comment

My recruiter told me 30 – 60 days after being commissioned.

Comment

Originally posted by dilawari View Post
                  That's great -- congrats very unusual but that's great. Were you giving AKO access?
                  Not yet. Also no Military ID. About the only thing I do have is my hotel room for the weekend. I assumed that the amount of paperwork I'd need to file out would take a good while and that was the reason to get me in sooner than later.

Comment

Have you met your unit before, if not, maybe that's why. I already met my battalion commander and such. Have you completed all your W-2's and direct deposit yet?

Comment

Only the commander. Dropped all those documents off today. Not in DEERS yet so looks like I'll be visiting HQ again in two weeks or so to get the remaining paperwork done.

Comment

Working...
                      X