X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USAR CPT trying to go enlisted ng sf

So I am a USAR CPT with 13 years in. 9 active. I am trying to resign USAR commission to go NG enlisted. Anybody familiar with the process and what docs you need to provide to get resigned? I have already got an SF unit that wants me, I passed SF physical all that is done. ASVAB done. Just need some guidance on resigning USAR commission. I have read AR 135-175 Officer Separtions Manual, I am not clear on what is "qualified or unqualified" means. . Any input????

Re: USAR CPT trying to go enlisted ng sf

Sir,

Col Ritchie may be the best suited to answer your question. What is your branch assignment now, just out of curiosity?

Comment

Have you talked to your UA? There's a packet you have to put together and it's sent to HRC to be placed back into the IRR. Don't expect a quick turn around either as it'll probably take close to a year for it to be processed.

While in the IRR, there's also a wait for you to get into the NG.

Comment

Yeah UA is currently working the package, like watching paint dry.. I read in the officer separation manual Chapt 6 sec III para. 5 About condition resignation upon (Enlistment, appointment) in another Armed Service, does this need to go through HRC as well and take as long?? I got a great SF recruiter and he had me already fill out the "path to honor" and is working the paperwork so I can get going ASAP. As for the earlier question about branch, I am an Army Nurse Corps Officer.. I know..I know..Army nurse going SF, really??? but I have seen the damage done to our Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, and Airmen, up close in our FST and not my cup of tea anymore. I met some really awesome NG SF guys on my last deployment and I feel like its where I need to be now..

Comment

Working...
        X