X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officer's Creed

Why is it so hard to find the Officer's Creed? I've googled and found one version, but I'm paranoid, because it has typos (this can't be the "official" version of it...right?).

I'm an 09S. I graduated from BCT in November and I start Week 0 in February and ship for AOCS in June (Ft. Mclellan bound). I just want to be as prepared as possible, so any other advise is welcome as well.

Thank you!

Re: Officer's Creed

Learn the soldiers creed. The army values. The army song.

Comment

I'm fresh out of BCT, so all of that has already been "drilled" into me. :-)
      I just assumed I would have to recite an officer's creed while at OCS. Is my assumption incorrect?

Comment

Isn't there a Code of Conduct for Officers given out in Phase 0 during OCS? If I recall, it is worded much like the Soldier's "creed" or Code of Conduct.

Comment

I've never heard of an "Officer's Creed," but I did traditional OCS. You should get an OC Guide at Phase 0 that will have all the required knowledge, though.

Comment

Ok, well it looks like I've just created extra work for myself. Thanks for the info. I'll guess I'll just have to wait until February to see what my next level of preparation needs to be.
            Thank you all for the help.

Comment

This link is down right now, but keep checking. Go to the downloads section (I believe links are on the left hand side).
              Download the OC Guide. Memorize everything about it.

http://www.al.ngb.army.mil/Careers/OCS/

Good luck.

2LT scj

Comment

Originally posted by knelson View Post
                I've never heard of an "Officer's Creed," but I did traditional OCS. You should get an OC Guide at Phase 0 that will have all the required knowledge, though.
                I have it but never memorized it nor had to at my WOCS/WOBC training.

http://www.militaryauthority.com/wik...cer-creed.html
                U.S. Army - Commissioned Officer Creed

I will give to the selfless performance of my duty and my mission the best that effort, thought, and dedication can provide. To this end, I will not only seek continually to improve my knowledge and practice of my profession, but also I will exercise the authority entrusted to me by the President and the Congress with fairness, justice, patience, and restraint, respecting the dignity and human rights of others and devoting myself to the welfare of those place under my command. In justifying and fulfilling the trust placed in me, I will conduct my private life as well as my public service so as to be free both from impropriety and the appearance of impropriety, acting with candor and integrity to earn the unquestioning trust of my fellow soldiers -- juniors, senior, and associates -- and employing my rank and position not to serve myself but to serve my country and my unit. By practicing physical and moral courage I will endeavor to inspire these qualities in other by my example. In all my actions I will put loyalty to the highest moral principles and the United States of America above loyalty to organizations, persons, and my personal interest.

Comment

Great! Thank you, both!

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post

I will give to the selfless performance of my duty and my mission the best that effort, thought, and dedication can provide. To this end, I will not only seek continually to improve my knowledge and practice of my profession, but also I will exercise the authority entrusted to me by the President and the Congress with fairness, justice, patience, and restraint, respecting the dignity and human rights of others and devoting myself to the welfare of those place under my command. In justifying and fulfilling the trust placed in me, I will conduct my private life as well as my public service so as to be free both from impropriety and the appearance of impropriety, acting with candor and integrity to earn the unquestioning trust of my fellow soldiers -- juniors, senior, and associates -- and employing my rank and position not to serve myself but to serve my country and my unit. By practicing physical and moral courage I will endeavor to inspire these qualities in other by my example. In all my actions I will put loyalty to the highest moral principles and the United States of America above loyalty to organizations, persons, and my personal interest.
                    Yes! This is exactly what I was remembering.

Comment

Ah, cool, thanks. Good to know. For the OP, you can probably also Google something like "National Guard OCS OC Guide" and get what you need to get started.

Comment

Working on it as we speak.

Comment

Working...
                        X